Depth Sounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron T

Vessel Name
Grand Yankee
Vessel Make
1981 49' Grand Banks Classic
I have two Antique Sandpiper III Datamarine Model 2450 sounder heads onboard. Do I have to replace my two exterior mounted sounder sending units also or is there a way to just replace the two heads ? Thank You.

I have two Antique Sandpiper III Datamarine Model 2450 sounder heads onboard. Do I have to replace my two exterior mounted sounder sending units also or is there a way to just replace the two heads ? Thank You.

I'm pretty sure you will have to change the ducer.

Actually Datamarine ducers are 120Khz and there is a replacement head. Sitex SDD110 or CruzPro D110 same unit different brand. Has an 0183 output. Good Luck

Actually Datamarine ducers are 120Khz and there is a replacement head. Sitex SDD110 or CruzPro D110 same unit different brand. Has an 0183 output. Good Luck

True, but they may not have the same connector.

True, but they may not have the same connector.

In fact they will not have the same connector. I found that a minor obstacle and simply spliced the ducer wires to the connector that came with the head. :D

In fact they will not have the same connector. I found that a minor obstacle and simply spliced the ducer wires to the connector that came with the head. :D

:thumb: We've done it twice with no issues other than wire color codes changed.

Take look at Airmar, a transducer manufacturer, and/or give them a call. They have a good web site and a cross reference guide.

Cross Reference Guide

Sitex unit

Thank You Venture Captain, That will save time and money. Thanks again Ron T

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom