Pressure water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have basically the same requirements - 2 bath sinks, 2 showers, 2 freshwater toilets plus the kitchen and o/s shower plus clothes washer. We use a stock marine (Flojet maybe) with an accumulator tank and it works great. If you need a model # let me know. We're 24 vdc but they make a 12 vdc model.

Dave

Well after making a trip we realized we needed a new pump that had more power so we could wash the boat, so we went ahead and are getting a Headhunter Mach 5 installed it was $700 at Lewis Marine so we got a great deal compared to what the online prices were. ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1399071618.720028.jpg

IF you are 120V 24/7 any domestic water pump from a big box store will work fine , and even better with the largest sized accumulator you can install.

>we have 8 various things on the fresh water system (plus the two heads)<

Hopefully only a couple are on at one time or the distribution system will need an upgrade .

For folks that just want a fine DC unit with plenty of pressure the Sureflow deck wash pumps do the job .

They are like the std water pump , but the motor is much longer , as it is expected to operate longer hours at higher pressure..

While Headhunter has a great pump, they do not make the tanks. You can save quite a bit by buying them elsewhere. I needed two of the larger spun fiberglass type for a boat a couple years ago. I ended up getting the two of them from a plumping supply house out of Miami for the price Headhunter was asking for just one of the very same tanks.

Make sure the pressure in the air bladder of the tank is set correctly. And you need to check it periodically.

For future reference, I've gotten good deals on used Headhunter pumps from Sailorman and Maga Marine Mart on Andrews Ave. Also Headhunter sometime has rebuilt ones on sale.

Last edited:
While Headhunter has a great pump, they do not make the tanks. You can save quite a bit by buying them elsewhere. I needed two of the larger spun fiberglass type for a boat a couple years ago. I ended up getting the two of them from a plumping supply house out of Miami for the price Headhunter was asking for just one of the very same tanks.

Make sure the pressure in the air bladder of the tank is set correctly. And you need to check it periodically.

For future reference, I've gotten good deals on used Headhunter pumps from Sailorman and Maga Marine Mart on Andrews Ave. Also Headhunter sometime has rebuilt ones on sale.

We got ours through Lewis don't recall the price but Lewis is usually fair.

Back
Top Bottom