Fuel Manifold - Where to obtain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bay Pelican

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Bay Pelican
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
Looking to replace the fuel manifold on my Krogen. Currently I use brass Ts, nipples and ball valves. Should have one this right the first time to avoid leaks.

Need 8 outlets. Would prefer 3/8" pipe thread outlets to attach the ball valves.

Any leads as to where I could obtain or have fabricated a manifold?

Looking to replace the fuel manifold on my Krogen. Currently I use brass Ts, nipples and ball valves. Should have one this right the first time to avoid leaks.

Need 8 outlets. Would prefer 3/8" pipe thread outlets to attach the ball valves.

I would try calling Nordhavn and see if they would sell ya one.

Aeromotive Billet Fuel Dist Block on Ebay for $ 69.

Not sure if they will have what you are looking for, but try McMasters Carr. Under pipe and tubing they have a section on manifolds. See this link.
McMaster-Carr

Hi BP. Here is my setup. Probably overkill, but provides incredible bragging right! :). The PO set this up when he replaced the fuel tanks with 4 aluminum tanks with total capacity of 760 USG. Also have a ESI fuel polishing setup. I the FP pump allows me to transfer fuel between tanks to trim the boat.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1399130151.629820.jpg

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1399130312.032799.jpg

Let me know if you want more photos by email.

Jim

Reverso makes what you want if you have enough $$$$.

Valve Assembly Series Metal

I would draw up what you want and take it to a local welding shop and they can make it up quickly and inexpensively. Anything you buy is gonna cost you. My manifolds are made out of SS square tubing. Pretty simple system.

Finally found the catalog filed under Racor. These folks were at a few of the trawlerfest. Try Diesel Fuel Polishing Systems | Racor Dual Filter System | FilterBoss 800 336 0315. Andy Keenan Southwick, Ma. He makes 1/4" and 3/8" in 2,3 and 4 Valve blocks. They do aircraft work also so their specs. are tight. He will do custom work also. The units made of steel tubing can fail at the welds. The solid blocks are more reliable. Good luck with your project. Suggest Parker fuel lines for long life and ease of making runs.

I would draw up what you want and take it to a local welding shop and they can make it up quickly and inexpensively. Anything you buy is gonna cost you.

I agree with both this and Capt Bill's advice. Too often we boaters complain about part cost when a simple sketch taken to either a local welder or machinist is all it takes. Having one made to your exact specification would be duck soup easy for lower cost than a store bought compromise most often.

Hydraulic shop, return line manifold. Home Depot for the WOGs.

Agree with solid blocks. While you are at it, use engraved labels too. First pic is Reverso polishing supply and return, second is one of the engine fuel manifolds.

Attachments

• 28 Fuel polish 2.jpg
    28 Fuel polish 2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 29 Fuel polish 3.jpg
    29 Fuel polish 3.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 230
$15 stainless gas manifold at home depot. 5/8 and 3/4 FPT. I eliminated all of my brass t and nipples as well as the air leak.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140504_195520.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140504_195520.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 109
$15 stainless gas manifold at home depot. 5/8 and 3/4 FPT. I eliminated all of my brass t and nipples as well as the air leak.

Wow! Only $15 for a SS manifold. Killer deal.

By the way, h ave you put a magnet on it yet? :D

I get your point...but, no. It did say made in Korea and had a UL listing for residential gas use. Im not sure it would matter if it was not the best SS alloy as I plan on keeping the engine room mostly clear of sea water. Good check though as I have also seen some poor quality China sourced materials.

I put the magnet on the manifold and it's good stainless...I also couldn't believe the price, but they are working great for me. I bought two as soon as I saw them because they were so cheap.

I put the magnet on the manifold and it's good stainless...I also couldn't believe the price, but they are working great for me. I bought two as soon as I saw them because they were so cheap.

I might have to get one of those. I wonder if seawater would attack them.

Right now I have a seacock that feeds the watermaker and the wash down pump. I don't really like the setup and with one of those would allow me to tee off to other things as well.

Agree with solid blocks. While you are at it, use engraved labels too. First pic is Reverso polishing supply and return, second is one of the engine fuel manifolds.

That is a beautiful engine room. (sigh)

Janice, with engine room envy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom