Alarm system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scary

Guru
Vessel Name
Cary'D Away
Vessel Make
Hatteras 48 LRC
I have a engine alarm panel that was made by SC Marine. This unit appears to original equipment on my 1976 48Lrc. This panel has a buzzer and lights monitoring both engines and generators. It includes a test switch which checks function of all lights and buzzer and a silence switch for the buzzer. My has malfunctioned and the lights remain on all the time. I don't know if there is a control box somewhere or just a terminal strip. Does anybody know if this company still exists or where I could find information on this unit. Thanks

I would hazard a guess that part of a switch has worn out. I have seen lots of cool new alarm panels in other threads...to warn of exhaust over temp for example. If you are not the voltmeter type, an electrician could guide you to the repair or replace decision. Bet it can be fixed. Good luck.

It's old school

It's all soldered and mounted on a circuit board so I'm sure it's repairable. I'd like to get a wiring diagram and find out if parts are available. Also the wires on the board are all black and the wires at the engines are standard colors so there is something between the panel and the engines. There are a lot of places to look on this boat so I'd like and idea of what I'm looking for.

I see you also posted on the Hatteras Owner's Forum. There should be relay box in the ER that all the sensors feed into. Do a search there are a number of posts on the various system monitors over the years.

A good guy to call is Roger Wetherington, who worked at Hatteras for decades. He has all the different systems they used on hard board, and can walk you through it. His contact info is on this thread, one page back from where you posted:

12 Point Monitor Troubleshooting

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom