View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #47
sunchaser
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
Don

Nice to see quality work, and great results. . It is boating you know where $$ can be a different measure than going to Safeway where I agonize over 40 cents on a 12 pack of beer.

Question, I was recently looking at a vessel that had been painted with AwlCraft as was on your Mainship - how do you compare it to Alexseal - longevity appearance etc?

Comment, on your new risers - I am cursed with being a metallurgist - 25 6 MO is Incoloy which I have used over the years in a multitude of settings especially flue dust and hot off gas applications. As compared to 304 or 316 SS it offers superior halide and crevice corrosion protection and is very weldable and drillable (for placing retainers). It is comprised of (about) 25% Ni, 20% Cr, 6% Mo, 1% Cu, 0.2% N and the balance Fe, Mn , C and Si.

As always though, the geometry and dimensions of the risers compared to WL and shower head location often trump composition. How did you insure design "correctness" - pattern from old one, new measurements ---?
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote