View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 09:01 AM   #37
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Girl View Post
My husband and I know a lot of boating couples through our years of yacht club membership. I know ONE woman who will take her boat out by herself. Not me. I will drive and I will dock on a face dock but I am pertrified of our slip. Too much $$$ floating around. I need to try it sometime at slack with no wind.

We know a few couples where the wife has zero to do with the boat. Some we have never seen her, others maybe seen her at a land event. For them, they are happy to let the guy do his thing while they do theirs. Know several sailors who race on Saturday while the wife is shopping or riding her horse or whatever thing she does. Works for them but would not be MY thing. I LOVE that my husband and I boat together.

As for division of duties on the boat and the idea of "admiral" yes my husband will tell people I am the admiral and ulitimately in charge. I am NOT one to second guess him--we make our plans together and do boat projects together. It think it is more if I do voice a concern he will defer to me as he wants me to be happy and feel safe on the boat. Really we have rarely had any situations where this has come into play and if it does, we discuss and agree on a course of action. I think it is more a man's joke to call his wife the admiral. Whatever.

As to the forum, he also has an account but rarely comes on here. He does not do social media stuff or online stuff much at all. I have a blog, though I haven't kept it up much lately. I used to be way more active on here but I am just too busy lately to take the time. Just chanced upon this thread!

I just got a new toy last weekend to add to our fleet.
Nice runabout Jennifer! You going to use as a tow-behind at all... so you always have a scotter available while on the hook with Big Mo Boat?

What type runabout was it that you mentioned as a "Money Pit"?

I offed one of the $$$$ grabbers last year. It was a 19' Maliby Skier that needed restoration. We're currently sticking with our fun little 4 seater Crestliner 50 hp Johnson o/b tow behind!

Happy Boating Daze! - Art
Art is offline   Reply With Quote