Piers/Bulkheads and Boat Houses in Biloxi MS.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampu

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Cajun Rose
Vessel Make
Biloxi Lugger
Hey guys, I just purchased a barge for my construction business. I will be able to drive pilings, build bulkheads and of course build boat houses. I'm not sure if I need to be a vendor to write this post but I am very exited about this new aspect of my business I wanted to get the word out. Thanks Paul

Very cool! Any pics? what size backhoe, crane?

I'll get some pictures tomorrow. 50' barge with a 30,000# hoe. Kinda laying it all out on this one, I hope it brings some business.

Cool! Good luck.

That's cool swampu and good to know . My son-n-law has done some pier work down your way . His fathers company built the new 1500' fishing pier at Gulf Shores and they have done some smaller jobs in the area. I think they did a small lauching ramp at Pirates Cove in Josephine .I think that he has a license in Mississippi also .

Sounds good, best of luck!
The guys doing that kind of work here keep pretty busy! Cleaning out silted in slips is in demand too.

Let me know if it doesn't work, Swampy. I might need to barge to tow my Admirals shoe collection around the loop. Meanwhile, best of luck in your new endeavor.

Very cool! Have you seen the videos of guys using their back hoe to paddle their barge around? If you try it, please post a video for us.

I've worked a bridge construction site so shallow...and the hoe operator so good...he would use the machine to lift the barge enough and push with me (small tug) to get the barge across and then help pull me across.

I could see paddling working.... but ONLY in the most still waters as the speed and side of the bucket being slow and small enough that it would remind me of a kid in a rowboat with only one oar.:D

But heck...some equipment operators are pretty good....just maybe they will figure out how t put push boats out of business...:thumb:

Here you go. But I bet he's going down river.

It's not that hard to paddle a barge with a backhoe; done it before.

Although I could see it being hard or almost impossible to do it with a long reach as the bucket is so small and it would also be hard on the boom and stick because their not meant for the kind of lateral force.

Back in the day on some models of the larger cat backhoes booms were prone to breaking. The picture is one of our 245B where the boom just gave, had our welders just weld it back and reinforce it. ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1398377566.743751.jpg

Backhoe Barge under power. No trim tabs but plenty of maneuverability.

Attachments

• backhoe barge.jpg
    backhoe barge.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Larry you've done it again. You've given me an idea for another product, backhoe outboard mounts.
Nothing Runs Like A Deer, With an Evinrude!

Thanks guys for the great mojo. Can't wait to start putting this thing to work. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow. I've started a page on the book of faces! Not much on social media but I'm going to shake every tree I can. If anyone uses fb please like the page, helps with promotion. Paul
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Krause-Marine-Construction/562491707181880

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom