• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Wanted: Radar mast for trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bligh

Guru
Vessel Name
Concerto
Vessel Make
1980 Cheoy Lee
West coast preferable. My boat came without a mast or radar. Looking for a less expensive solution. Flexible on style. Please let me know what you have, where, and how much.
Thanks
Scott

i have one that is stainless steel. I used it before i put a half tower on my convertible. it is in Tucson

Why not mount the radar on the pilot house roof? Or are you looking for extra height for a little extra range? There are also guys who sell stainless radar arches on line for mounting on hard tops / cabin tops.

Why not mount the radar on the pilot house roof? Or are you looking for extra height for a little extra range? There are also guys who sell stainless radar arches on line for mounting on hard tops / cabin tops.

Well, I have thought about that, I would like to have a mast that we can mount the radar, kingdome (came with boat) and an anchor/steam light on. The added height for the radar wouldn't hurt either as it would give me more assurance that I wont be microwaving my kids when tehy are hanging out on the main saloon coach roof.

i have one that is stainless steel. I used it before i put a half tower on my convertible. it is in Tucson
How large is it? If it is something we could ship UPS I'm interested. Do you have an dimensional data on it or a picture?
Thanks
Scott

How large is it? If it is something we could ship UPS I'm interested. Do you have an dimensional data on it or a picture?
Thanks
Scott

I new you would ask, I called my wife she is going to measure and take a picture. My son is headed back to Alameda from College in Alabama and is going to stop in Tucson to pick up a car. He could bring it to bay area in a couple of weeks.

Go to the thehulltruth.com and look in the parts section, there is about 3 radar masts on the first page anywhere from 4" to 8".

I new you would ask, I called my wife she is going to measure and take a picture. My son is headed back to Alameda from College in Alabama and is going to stop in Tucson to pick up a car. He could bring it to bay area in a couple of weeks.
That would be great. thanks
Scott

Go to the thehulltruth.com and look in the parts section, there is about 3 radar masts on the first page anywhere from 4" to 8".

Thanks for the lead! Ididnt find anything there suitable for my application, though.

mast

IMG_1219.jpg
It is 81inches high the two hole flange is on the bottom and it has a clamp to put on the rail. you can adjust the level and it has a halyard

Last edited:
Willy, I would not be mounting it against a rail. I would have to add stays. Do you think that it would be possible to do that with this mast?
Is it 2 or 3" in diameter (roughly) - I dont need an exact number. Maybe I can find a collar to go around it that I could attach stays to.

Is the mast upside down in the picture? I see a large plate on top with a hinge point on it.

Sorry for the odd barrage of questions, the picture just isn't that clear.

Tell me how much you want for it , then I can figure out what I need to add to it to make it work.

Thanks
Scott

Wait,
You had that mast clamped to a rail from that two hole bracket near the floor? You must have a hell of a rail! And it stood up with that without a problem or did you have stays?
What was on top ? A radar?

I had a local aluminum fabricator (specializes in tuna towers/tee tops, etc) fab me up a hinged radar mast about 7' tall. It has stiff legs below the hinge, and the hinge is really a flange with 4 3/8" bolts. Takes a few minutes but handy for sneaking under bridges. Tube is 3" sch 40 pipe.

I don't have the cost as it was rolled in with all the rails and the FB ladder, but the whole package as I remember was pretty reasonable.

Good aluminum welders are artists and my guy was fast!!

You can sorta see it in the avatar pic.

Bligh, there's a stainless radar arch around the bend from you at Perry's for sale(or was) recently. Came off a Bertram they are refurbishing. Call and talk to Joe.

916-777-5000

Thanks CP. Well, I dont think an arch is appropriate for my application. A mast- yes, arch -no.

Bligh, there's a stainless radar arch around the bend from you at Perry's for sale(or was) recently. Came off a Bertram they are refurbishing. Call and talk to Joe.

916-777-5000

Where is your boat, CP?

At Perry's. Joe is the harbor master. He probably has a mast or two around somewhere. Joe is one of my best resources for anything boating related.

Wait,
You had that mast clamped to a rail from that two hole bracket near the floor? You must have a hell of a rail! And it stood up with that without a problem or did you have stays?
What was on top ? A radar?

It is 2" - the larger top is for the array. I had an garmin 18" HD on it. Had the two bolts in the deck and clamped to the rail. Held up great. The adgustment is to level if you are listing.

Do you still have this? I am in Anacortes, how far away are you? I am wanting a mast that can bolt right to the rail like this.

Thanks,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom