350/390 versus 390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimbob

Vessel Name
SEEKER
Vessel Make
Trans Pac Eagle 32
i'm still trying to find the (perfect boat for me) any help on the differences of these models would help. thanks

I think it's just two different ways to name the same boat. They started as 350s, later become renamed to 390s with little change... and some folks then began using the 350/390 thing to mean the whole series.

Otherwise, as with many boat models from many makers, the differences are pretty much just natural evolution over the time span, as far as I know...

-Chris

Yeah, I don't think there was much real change until the 400 came out in about 2003. The 390 has the curved stairs up to the flybridge, but it is the same hull.

thanks, just updates over the years. basically same boat?

Same exact boat. 1997 and 1998 models were labeled "350 Trawlers" In 1999, the marketing department decided to make the boat 4' longer without changing a darn thing and so was born the Mainship 390.

make it 4 ft. longer to justify more boat bucks,just a guess

make it 4 ft. longer to justify more boat bucks,just a guess

Yep. The boat was always 39' LOA, but the hull (minus pulpit and swim platform) is 35', which is why they labeled the first ones 350's.

Boat lengths are actually measured (at least) 4 different ways. As an example, my GB 46 Europa:

1. Manufacturer's LOA--47'1"
2. Length when requesting a slip--45'
3. Length when you talk to friends--"just shy of 50' "
4. Length when docked next to a 55' Fleming--39'
You get the concept I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom