36 water tank access

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gulfstar 36

Vessel Name
Sundowner
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36 MrkII
I did not want to hijack the fuel tank thread so here is where the fill and inspection points are for the water tank on my 36.

Attachments

• IMAG1819.jpg
    IMAG1819.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 175
I never thoyght to look under the drawer. I'll check that out next time I'm at the boat. Thanks

There is a difference between the MK1 and MK2 hulls. My galley is to port, with the dinette to starboard. This view is facing aft from the fore peak. The access shows the forward end of the fuel tank with it's unpainted sight panel. Under the stairs is the hatch for the access plate. My water tank is forward of the fuel tank. The fill hose comes down from the deck and goes between the two tanks. You can just see the white hose in the lower left of the opening. It goes into the tank from the aft side, not on the top. The vent line is near by. My water pump is under the forward dinette seat. I also have a "city" water hook up, where a hose can be connected directly from the dock to a fitting on the side of the house. This line connects to a T near the pump. If dock water is on, the pump will not run as there is pressure on the line. The pump also acts as a check valve to prevent water from entering the tank. To fill the tanks requires using the deck fitting.
While we were hooking everything up and checking fittings for leaks, my lovely First Mate inadvertently stepped into the open hatch.:eek: A couple of hours in the emergency room revealed nothing broken, just a sprained knee and strained calf muscle. And she gets to wear a leg brace for a week. We're thankful it wasn't any more serious than that. Although I start buffing out the hull the next day as planned, and she was going to help with that. Hmmmm.........:hide:

933957_10200276341805115_182300268_n.jpg

That great to know. I assume the tank is 100 gallons and fiberglass?
Thanks,
Billylll

Yes 100 gallons and fiberglass is correct.
Billylll

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom