Dinghy Crane question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wmiii

Vessel Name
OPTIMYSTIQUE
Vessel Make
Mariner 40
I am looking for a 'pipe' dinghy crane for our 40' Europa style Trawler. I have found the Nick Jackson site and they look good, but would like to find a source closer to me in the Tampa Bay area.
Does anyone know of other manufacturers?

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
Mariner 40

Shipment cost from Seattle to Miami for my pipe crane was $$250.

Not to hijack the thread, but who are the recommended crane manufacturers? And how much is one going to pay for a crane to lift a 800# dingy?

Not sure why the spec for a "pipe" davit, but there should be plenty of fabricators around there who can make one.

Nautical Structures is located in Largo and makes a nice simple davit in their "mini crane" line.

Pipewelders over in Lauderdale made a lot of the pipe style davits in the past, might check with them if they still do.

William: What would the capacity need to be? If you're in Bradenton, I'd call Don's Marine Salvage first (Tampa area) and check with some of the local welding shops to see if they've done some. I had my unit custom welded, saved some bucks.

I'm not sure about a 800# lift crane, but the 500# is $3200 plus shipping, plus installation.
I'll check Don's and the other suggestions.
I guess I could get one made, but I'm not sure how good it would be???

Thanks,
Wm

If you would like I could take pictures of mine so the welder could give you an estimate. You would be suprised what a good fab shop can do.

Installation of the pipe davit itself was several hours, basically a hole in the upper deck for the pipe and a hole in the lower deck for the electric cables. Also 16 or so holes for the bolts. Biggest issue for me was the lack of a large hole saw on St. Lucia. Running the cables took me an hour. Crimps 30 minutes.

Note for Nick Jackson you need to supply him with a the angle of your upper deck so that the plate which is welded to the pipe is at the proper angle when it attaches to the upper deck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom