We are Now Live-a-Board on ASD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
With 84 Mondays left before I retire, we have made the big leap to living on ASD! The deck for the most part is done but waiting on warmer weather to paint it. So far we are loving the water! This time in 2016, ASD will be heading out the Columbia River, turning right and heading to the Inside Passage! Check out the blog for pics :D

We're excited for you. So great to be moving forward on one's dream. Always must have dreams.

Greetings,
Mr. A. Aw c'mon, tell us how you REALLY feel about your upcoming retirement...
Incredulous.gif

RT, all I need is money for fuel, food and parts! Where do I put drink in there? My wife has been paitently waiting for me to retire. I can't wait......

Congradulations , I'm right behind you, well maybe a couple years .Have fun !

ASD,

You and I are on almost the same timeline. I have not counted Mondays, but my wife has an app that counts work days. I have 405 left.

You are a step ahead of us though. You already have your boat. We are looking for a KK42 with a centerline queen.

Hope you enjoy your new living arrangements.

Mike

I've got the same app, Mike. I thought I'd delete it after I retired, but found it now counts the days I've enjoyed retirement! It's become a favorite app to gauge my time enjoying life after work! I love it!!

Then I am definitely looking forward to seeing it count up!

When are you officially retired? I have the day I resigned my job and left, but then since then I've still been involved in business. However, I consider what I do now more a hobby. It's by choice and because I enjoy it, not working for anyone else. I don't have to go into an office every day or report to anyone. So in my mind, I'm retired.

Same with my wife, she doesn't teach for a single school or district anymore but she loves designing and implementing reading programs for schools, school systems, orphanages and organizations. But it's all choice so retired.

As to live aboard, we've chosen to spend about 2/3 of our time aboard. Well, plus we boat at least a third of the time when home.

I think it's a state of mind. When you can do what you want when you want.

Retirement -

Congratulations! A great milestone in life to reach and never to soon. Enjoy the time aboard which you deserve.

John T.
N3522
La Tempestad

With 84 Mondays left before I retire, we have made the big leap to living on ASD! The deck for the most part is done but waiting on warmer weather to paint it. So far we are loving the water! This time in 2016, ASD will be heading out the Columbia River, turning right and heading to the Inside Passage! Check out the blog for pics :D

Congratulations!!

Are you rotating back up to Alaska every two weeks?

That's what I'm working on the admrial about, but she is uncomfortable being alone on the boat in a "strange" harbor while I come back to Alaska for my work shift.

Last edited:

Congratulations! I am excited for you and the fun times ahead for you and your wife! Plenty of time to work out the full time live aboard kinks before casting off.

Semi retired in Portlandia...

Congratulations

Congratulations on your new life. Living aboard has a way of simplifying itself. if you are like most, you will start off with a van and a mini-storage rental seasonally. After about a year, you will drop the mini-storage and learn to live with less. I still keep my van though.

Congratulations!!

Are you rotating back up to Alaska every two weeks?

That's what I'm working on the admrial about, but she is uncomfortable being alone on the boat in a "strange" harbor while I come back to Alaska for my work shift.

Well the plan is inside passage every summer with trips to PWS, then south for the winter. We have the dock on the Columbia and winters here isn't too bad, but we will also want to explore points south. The delta was a good experience for us when we picked up the boat and even to San Diego/Mexico maybe a possibility.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom