Underexposed Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Willy
Vessel Make
Willard Nomad 30'
My post pics are underexposed as seen in the post. After clicking on them they are as I presented them ... exposed correctly.

Eric Henning

Big difference!! What's happening???

The pics I've posted since the new site have very underexposed pics in the posts. Clicking on them and looking at the much larger picture produces a properly exposed picture like it looked after I prepared it to post.

But the pics on the post itself are very over exposed.

See the anchor pics I just posted. They look terrible.

I probably need to spend some time looking at others pics to see if it's just me.

That's weird... Never noticed it before... I got nuttin'.

Perhaps the picture-god, Mark Pierce, has noticed it.

GFC,
Look at the Friday shut-down notice.
Friday March 14.

Pics have been weird since then.

Last edited:
My post pics are underexposed as seen in the post. After clicking on them they are as I presented them ... exposed correctly.

Eric Henning

I have seen this as well and will look into it. What browser are you using?

Happened to me today.

Mine too! I posted a series of four photos on the "favorite Photos" post and they look "grim" until you click on them. Then they look normal. I am using an Apple laptop. Hope a solution is discovered.

D.

Worked ok for me in the post #53 on "where do you relax" thread. Using MacBook with Safari now. Used to use Firefox - can't remember why I changed.

On my post #5 in "Weed and Rock Anchor" thread my pic is very overexposed on the post but the clicked on pic is fine.

I'm on Firefox and here's a pic. Click and compare. Note the background detail in the post pic is very bad ant on the clicked pic all is fine and as I prepared the picture.

Attachments

• willard 015 copy.jpg
    willard 015 copy.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Probably just what happens when the software compresses the pictures JPEG is lossy, whereas PNG is lossless.

A test:

Hmmmm... The forum software converted the PNG file to a jpg file.

Attachments

• marbles.jpg
    marbles.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 105
  • marbles png.jpg
    marbles png.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Janet,
Please see my post #44 on the thread "Altering a Vega".

Oh, and I'm using Firefox.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom