Old 04-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #32
BDofMSP
Guru

City: Bayfield, WI
Vessel Name: Gopher Broke
Vessel Model: Silverton 410 Sport Bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
The switch was/is not in the panel (I'm assuming you mean the electrical panel). If you have a circuit breaker to run the macerator, all you have to do is install a switch (with a 20 amp capacity) in the positive lead between the electrical panel and the macerator. It can be any place convenient and you can extend the wiring if needed.

I think I bought the switch at West Marine. It was not expensive. You have a choice of momentary (you have to hold the key in the run position) or maintained contact (turn the switch, let go, then turn it off when finished). This is more convenient.
Thanks,
It's not a good picture but you can see the electrical panel here. The 2nd switch from the bottom is the macerator, and more than once someone has brushed past it and turned it on getting out of the aft berth. No discharge takes place because the seacock is closed, but the pump runs which isn't good. I was hoping that there was a keyed switch that would just replace the toggle switch directly. It's possible that an ignition switch would fit directly in the panel though. The boat comes out of winter storage this weekend, so I can check soon.

Thanks for your feedback!
Attached Thumbnails
aft berth.jpg  
BDofMSP is offline   Reply With Quote