View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 05:22 PM   #29
Nsail

City: Benicia CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolive View Post
Hello,

Well, on the wine duty it was all done over the phone. We carried enough for 3 weeks and it was mostly higher end wine. They asked how much each bottle costs and the guy freaked out when I told him the prices. He said what is your cheapest bottle and I told him $14.00, He said lets calculate the duty at this price or else you will pay a huge amount of duty. I don't think they normally do it that way. We paid by credit card over the phone. All in All it was a good experience. I always went with the honesty policy to avoid any issues and thanked him for his courtesy in the matter. We checked in at Bedwell on the phone. I do not remember what the amount is for each person so that can help if there are a few people on board to declare the number of bottles. I think we carried something like 16 bottles or so... It was/is a special trip and the wine was perfect for the evening dinners as you probably read.

Keith
Oops! I forgot to compliment you on your blog! And, hopefully you'll finish your Desolation Sound one also!

At any rate, thanks for the answer!
Nsail is offline   Reply With Quote