View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 11:59 PM   #15
Mako
Guru

City: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
I would have thought the air in Qatar would be fairly dry most of the time, and even if not, the temps are such condensation should be minimal.
No it's actually quite humid here since we're surrounded three sides by the Persian Gulf. Right now it's not too hot, between 80's to 100F, but the humidity is in the 80%'s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
I think you are worrying unnecessarily, but as usual, best thing is ask the locals, even if your Arabic is basic, most who would own a boat there would speak English.
All the recreational boats here run outboards, very few have diesels. The construction machinery is all diesel of course but those guys are no help because they don't need to be meticulous. I need to be ultra-paranoid about my fuel though because I cruise with my family onboard, my diving is 40-100km offshore, it's very lonely out there, the Coast Guard have their own agenda (that's a euphemism for "worthless"). Out in the shipping channels and oil fields I could call upon those resources in an emergency, but that would cause a lot of trouble with the authorities unless it were a true mayday.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback from everyone. I'll source some stabilizer/biocide, will keep the tank always topped off and will build a small pump with a pickup tube like 'manyboats' mentioned.
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote