Almost there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
Don’t know where there is, but I know I’m close.:thumb:

So, after 368 days, 6,000 nautical miles, 11,000 km, 1360 gallons of fuel, which cost $4,990, :eek:baby Dauntless is finally getting a new pair of shoes.:D

Well, really not shoes, more like little wings, which will fly thru the water, and because of a whole bunch of stuff like physics, :hide:vectors and stuff like that, along with some great boat guys, Dauntless has paravane stabilizers.:smitten:

Pictures will follow, as well as the complete installation description with running data.:popcorn:

Also, being able to run to Hopcar’s store, Hopkins Carter Marine, :smitten:all of 30 SECONDS from boat to nut and bolt aisle, :smitten::smitten:has made this installation go much easier and quicker.

I’m worried that I may never be able to work on my boat again, what, you want me to walk down the quarter mile dock, to the parking lot and get in the car and drive to some store across town, which may or may not have what I need. No thanks, I think I will just stay here.:nonono:

Having been waiting to get underway for weeks, I now have to get the boat ready tomorrow, so I can leave Saturday for Stuart, Fl. Winds are forecast to be ESE at about 15 knots, which usually creates waves of about 3 feet plus or minus a foot, and they will be right on my beam, so I will have a nice test. :popcorn:

These are the conditions that we have encountered often and while pretty benign, it’s a bit uncomfortable and makes for a long day.

That will be my sea trial. :eek:It’s not a complicated system. I have faith.:thumb:

Now, I think I'll buy an anchor:eek: anyone have an opinion:hide::hide:

Just Joking:lol:about the opinions:rolleyes:been there:facepalm:; Done that:facepalm:

Last edited:
Glad to hear everything's coming along!:thumb::thumb:

Sorry, the only question I have is why color should I paint the new anchor?

Below is the CQR which is being replaced!

ForumRunner_20140403_213452.jpg

Sorry, the only question I have is why color should I paint the new anchor? Below is the CQR which is being replaced!
If I had to pick, like a light grey, but why paint the anchor?

Because I have a white boat.

If I didn't paint the anchor, how would any one recognize Dauntless from the other trillion white boats out there?

I may even come home late one night too the wrong boast, bust, I mean boat.

Sorry.

Swype has decided to eliminate boat from my menu

Because I have a white boat. If I didn't paint the anchor, how would any one recognize Dauntless from the other trillion white boats out there? I may even come home late one night too the wrong boast, bust, I mean boat. Sorry. Swype has decided to eliminate boat from my menu
Ahhh ok that makes sense.

We're enthusiastically awaiting your evaluation of the new birds. Every one of them has its first flight. Soon after, you'll see the great majority of us following in your footsteps with the installation of towering booms and beams, miles of rigging and a competition of artistic shapes to fly through the depths.:thumb::thumb:

Because I have a white boat.

If I didn't paint the anchor, how would any one recognize Dauntless from the other trillion white boats out there?

I may even come home late one night too the wrong boast, bust, I mean boat.

Sorry.

Swype has decided to eliminate boat from my menu

leave that rusty CQR on the roller... everyone will know your boat by the rust colored water surrounding the boat!

The only boats I have ever seen with painted anchors are boats that never use their anchor!

HOLLYWOOD

:lol:

I'd recommend hot pink. I wear hot pink Crocs. Best "chick magnets" you ever saw. Might work with your anchor.

I kinda like that orange of the one you have, kinda high viz.

Seriously I'd recommend grey from a can of liquid galvanize in the aerosol can. I've got it on the front of the fluke of my XYZ anchor and it looks basically like I just put it on after anchoring at least a dozen times w it. It's held up really well.

Another coating that may work very well is POR-15. That is amazing stuff and it's usually black but I think there is another color??

Great day.

Best $10k I ever spent.

First time my deck was dry, until I retrieved them.

Then, Roll went from +-3 to 5 degrees, to +-15, + and that's with only 2ft seas on the beam.

Lost 0.5 kts, just as Larry has said.

Took less then ten minutes to retrieve, and that was the first time and in the dark.

Anchored at 21:30. That's why I needed those lights!

Good night.

New anchor

ForumRunner_20140405_221233.jpg

Details, pics coming.
I'm tired.

Back
Top Bottom