Hardtop question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quicksilver

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Slow Flight
Vessel Make
CHB 45
Has anyone had a hardtop made for a CHB or similar trawler? We live in the Pacific NW where more and more we are seeing hardtops on larger boats from the factory. Maybe someone can custom build or has a will fit that would look good.?. Ideas?

Latitude Marine in LaConnor built ours. Looks like a factory installation on a 32 GB.

ForumRunner_20140401_223803.jpg

ForumRunner_20140401_223829.jpg

ForumRunner_20140401_223852.jpg

In the south hard tops are a lot cooler than canvas .

I thought we would need a hardtop aft on our Willard when we moved to Alaska (because of the rain) but we've hardly thought about it since and have no hardtop. What one perceives to be needed before the fact often doesn't come to pass. Thought we'd need spray rails too but after some experience it was obvious we didn't.

It seems odd to me how people flock to Florida seeking the sun and then hide from it.

Last edited:
Can you say...skin cancer?????

Enjoying warm weather doesn't mean baking in the sun all the time.....

Can you say...skin cancer?????

Enjoying warm weather doesn't mean baking in the sun all the time.....

:iagree: :thumb:, been there done that, don't want to do it again.

We had a traditional hard top made for the aft deck of our President 41. Bottoms Up Marine Services (BUMS) in Port Townsend, WA, did the work and a great job they did to. For the Fly Bridge we replaced the bimini with a Hard-To-Top hard top. Very happy with the results of both..

Marty............................

Marty,

Do you have any pictures like before and after?

Do you have any pictures like before and after?

Hmmmmmmm, did not find any "before" photos. I know I have some just not sure where I ptu them so i would know where they were. Anyway, I do have an "after" from last summer. We are in the process of getting the curtains installed but that won't be done for a while yet.
IMG_6492a.jpg

Marty...........................

Looks like she's ready for some summer fun. Happy cruising.

Back
Top Bottom