FF, what was that spray you use on electronics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David O

Vessel Name
Lucky Dog
Vessel Make
Mainship 350 Trawler
FF, you mentioned a spray you used on all your electronic boards, etc. I searched through the threads from the last week or two, but I can't find it.

I've got a friend who is moving to Summerland Key (yes!!) and he is interested in a product to protect his electronics, circuit/computer boards from the elements.

Thanks,

David

WD 40 seems to work OK.

My usual concern is the slow death of made terminal ends.

Solution is to get some caps from the phone guys they use to protect splices in their thin bare copper wires. As there not inventoried most will give you a couple of fist fulls on asking.

After the end is crimped and then soldered (made mechanically AND electrically) the goop is shmeered on between the wire insulation and terminal end, then Heat Shrink is closed over the end.

Connections from 30-40 years ago are still in service.

WD 40 should be avoided on electrical connects for anything other than a cleaner. Over time it becomes a non-conductive coating and can actually cause poor connections. It can be used as a cleaner, but should itself be thoroughly cleaned from any connectors or connections. Any silicone type dialectic grease purchased almost anywhere will do just fine.

Thanks, guys.

David

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom