Stopping a thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wallaby Phil

Vessel Name
Miko Too
Vessel Make
Navigator 53
Hi All,
I am new to the forum.
I posted a thread re moving a boat from Boston to Palm Beach a few weeks ago and have had many wonderful responses. Can anybody let me know how I "stop" or cancel the thread now that I don't need to get any more responses.
Thanks,
Phil

Greetings,
Mr. WP. Sorry mate, other than unsubscribing you're afflicted. Buying boats, swapping/borrowing boats, building boats, fixing boats, altering boats, traveling in boats, ogling boats, polishing boats, washing boats (should come before polishing...I panicked), breaking the tenth commandment (in several forms and numerous times) Bible List Of The Ten Commandments about boats, big boats, little boats, gravy boats OK, panicked again........and that's just boats!
EGAD and GADZOOKS!!!!!
antfnny.gif

Some of these threads take on a life of their own and some give birth to new threads.

If I started a thread and later wanted to close it, I would contact one of the moderators and ask that it be closed.

Another way would be to get nasty with someone and bring religion or politics into it. ;)

It's OK Phil.

The mods have designed an automatic deletion system, called Thread Creep. This activates as early as the second post on any thread, by about the fifth reply the discussion will have absolutely no bearing on the original topic.

However, this deletion system does not apply to any 'anchor' post. The replies in this thread are replayed on an automatic loop system. They cover any question raised, so far no one seems to have noticed.

it's ok phil.

The mods have designed an automatic deletion system, called thread creep. This activates as early as the second post on any thread, by about the fifth reply the discussion will have absolutely no bearing on the original topic.

However, this deletion system does not apply to any 'anchor' post. The replies in this thread are replayed on an automatic loop system. They cover any question raised, so far no one seems to have noticed.

lol

Tsk tsk. We get no respect.

Phil, the thread has been closed, at your request. People may still send PM's though. Nothing we can do about those.

Use the ignore thread option. Don't try to take away others' opportunities to expound or creep.

RTF, you are in fine form today!
Andy, I think you are right about A word posts!

Gravy Boat Anchor
4264313706573p

HMMMMM. I'm a little worried about the shank, not sure it stand up to a really heavy soup, like a Goulash, especially if it was made in China(the spoon, not the soup).

Hi All,
I am new to the forum.
I posted a thread re moving a boat from Boston to Palm Beach a few weeks ago and have had many wonderful responses. Can anybody let me know how I "stop" or cancel the thread now that I don't need to get any more responses.
Thanks,
Phil

Phil,
unsubscribe to the thread and you will stop receiving notifications in your email and when you log on.

Phil, see even this thread can't be stopped.:D

RT, How about adding the " I aint got no time for that" video

Why end any thread unless there's a totally out of control argument going on?

Seems the thread end should come when people quit posting.

I've started plenty of threads that I stop reading.!

I've got my answer, every one has an opinion, ...

And every once in a while, I need to check again because my answer had been un done!

What kind of anchor should this thread use?

Why end any thread unless there's a totally out of control argument going on?

Seems the thread end should come when people quit posting.

Agreed! Unless the OP requests it. Then anyone can start a similar one if they deem it necessary.

Hi All,
I am new to the forum.
Thanks,
Phil
Try questioning a moderator. Always works for me.

You talkin' to me, Delfin! You talkin' to me?? LOL!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom