Where to buy electrical supplies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bustlebomb

Vessel Name
Snooker (for now.....)
Vessel Make
1981 34 Californian LRC
I've got some electrical work to do on my boat and I'm wondering where is the best place to buy supplies?

Out of convenience, I typically go to west marine if I just need one or two small items but I'm now looking at redoing lots of connections wiring underneath my dash. I also need to replace several switches that have stopped working. The proper marine-grade butt connectors, ring connectors, waterproof fuse holders, power busses, wire, switches, and heat shrink parts really start to add up.

I know they are worth it so I'm going to get them but, I'm trying to find out where others have found the best pricing and selection.

Thanks,

Matt

I found marine (Ancor brand) wire on Ebay for cheap, and flat rate box shipping.

Genuinedealz.com

Cheap wire (and many but not all accessories

Will finish the ends for you if you know measurements pretty inexpensively.

Amazon.com

You can find anything that WM or others have and much less money.

Ask where the guys in the Audio Visual and Security install operators pick up their supplies. It is almost all low voltage equipment. You will get good pricing plus you will get help if you need it. You will also get an opportunity to snoop around and find tools and better ways of doing what you intend.

Ask where the guys in the Audio Visual and Security install operators pick up their supplies.

Do they use stranded, tinned wire like marine wire? If so, that would be another great resource. Not sure there's enough business for a brick-and-mortar store that specialized outside the bigger urban areas though.

I've had very good luck with Genuinedealz.com. Always have the good stuff at the best price; quick turnaround.

BestBoatWire.com was where I sourced most of my stuff about ten years or so ago. Always good to compare.

Also a happy customer of genuinedealz. They have been my goto source for tinned wire (DC and AC) as well as shrink connectors. The wire has always been major, respected brands. As the OP mentioned, I think they buy up overstock/leftovers to sell to those of us who don't need whole spools. For larger cable, you can't beat the $1 charge for crimps. For smaller wire, particularly if you expect to do a lot of crimps, highly recommend investing in a good Anchor ratchet crimper. I bought one for shrink and another for uninsulated (also bought a huge crimper for battery cable but that is becuase I have a sickness - any excuse to buy a new tool).

Perfect! Thanks everyone...That's exactly the info I was looking for.

Man, I love this site!

Thanks,

Matt

I'll pile on and rec Genuinedealz. Del City is another excellent resource and has some more exotic connectors that can come in really handy. Can't go wrong with either or both.

Genuinedealz.com

Cheap wire (and many but not all accessories

Will finish the ends for you if you know measurements pretty inexpensively.

+100:thumb:

I use these guy and they are the best......:smitten:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom