YA All stop by,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FF

Guru
Last weekend we ran our** GM 4106 (think of a Greyhound) coach conversion down , as usual loaded , towing a trailer down from the fridgid North East to our spot in FL.

WE are located on the Caloosahatchie River , about 1 mile East of the Ortona Lock.

This is about 55 miles East of Ft Meyers, on the ICW route east /west across Florida.

We have about 8 ft of water in the chanel and can handle boats to 65 ft .

15A of 120v or 240v is at the dock .

For small projects we do have the usual shop tools , table saw , drill press , band saw , and for wood butchers like me a 6x40 table sander.

We always welcome overnight guests , the only price , a quickie tour of your boat.

Folks that need to fly* out* for a while , can usually finf low cost dockage with one of the neighbors.

Always a pleasure to have visitors* , we are a SSCA stop too, so you might fimd a rag bagger cruiser here too.

We can easily hold over 300 ft of boats , and only have a 36 , 32 and 50 , so there is usually room to spare.

FF

We overnighted at Fred's in our Monk 36 January 2009. It is a great stop, just off the Okeechobee Waterway.
Thanks Fred, for making this available, we hope to drop in next time across!
Steve W.

Guru: *Wondering if you're also an AGCLA Harbor Host? *We'll most likely be transiting the FL Loop (Miami, St. Lucie, Ft. Myers, Miami) to shake out our Krogen in the months ahead, and we'll check with you then. *Meanwhile, we should also have a waterfront Miami residence secured by that time. *Hope to offer others the same.

DANG!

DANG ** ...sometimes I'm just on the wrong coast.!

Fred,
I make a table sander out of my belt sander by turning it upsidedown but
sometimes (frequiently) it gets away from me. Can I send you some teak
to sand?** ...yea I know** ...may not make it back. Sounds like you've got
a nice little world down there*** ...what took you so long gett'in there.
I'd a left a month ago. I could get high on 240vac.

Thanks, FF.* May give you a call and stop by in the spring.*

Now, for Southern, let's get it right.*It's y'all with the plural being all y'all.* Glad to be of help.*

Moonstruck you beat me to it
smile.gif
Thanks a million for the offer FF! Got a Sister in Ft Myers if we get down there by boat I'll be sure to look you up.

"Wondering if you're also an AGCLA Harbor Host?"

No, I never want to pay to join a group so I can give away a free bee.

Feel free to copy and paste my offer , all are welcome.

On the Loop it self we only attempted to learn of the AGCLA gaggle group position so we could avoid a mob. A couple of boats in a secluded anchorage is a delight , a dozen ?,,, ugh!

Daddyo wrote:

smile.gif
Thanks a million for the offer FF! Got a Sister in Ft Myers if we get down there by boat I'll be sure to look you up.
Forgot to mention the prossessive of y'all.* Singular possessive is y'all's.* Plural possessive is all y'allses'---------and don't forget to drop your r's and g's when speaking Southernese.

FF wrote:

"Wondering if you're also an AGCLA Harbor Host?"

No, I never want to pay to join a group so I can give away a free bee.

On the Loop it self we only attempted to learn of the AGCLA gaggle group position so we could avoid a mob. A couple of boats in a secluded anchorage is a delight , a dozen ?,,, ugh!
Point well taken, FF. *I haven't been on the loop yet, but being the bit of the introvert, I'm more apt to find those less populated anchorages as well. *Regardless, thanks for the open invitation.*

-- Edited by healhustler on Saturday 6th of November 2010 07:52:34 AM

Forgot to mention the prossessive of y'all. Singular possessive is y'all's. Plural possessive is all y'allses'---------and don't forget to drop your r's and g's when speaking Southernese.

Still learning Southern ,

Now if you want an authentic BRONX CHEER , from a Bronx native...I can help!

FF wrote:Still learning Southern ,

Now if you want an authentic BRONX CHEER , from a Bronx native...I can help!
Awe that's OK.* We never knock off points for trying.* Maybe if we stop by you can teach me the Bronx Cheer, and I'll teach you the Rebel Yell.

Excellent invitation!

Southern isn't the way one talks.* You gotta eat grits.* And enjoy them...
smile.gif
* And know the dif between good and bad Ice Tea.

And no "quick" grits. No such thing. You also have to like boiled peanuts.
aww.gif

Egregious wrote:

Excellent invitation!

Southern isn't the way one talks.* You gotta eat grits.* And enjoy them...
smile.gif
* And know the dif between good and bad Ice Tea.
Right on, Woody and Keith.* Now, we're talking Southern.* That would be sweet tea, y'all, and grits go with everything.* No sugar in the grits please.* Don't forget that gs are js as in Joja (Georgia for those that don't understand). . . . ., and why use one syllable when two will do.* Like my late wife from the deep South, A-nne.* Or her sister Baubra (that's Barbara).* As Phil Harris used to sing*"That's What I*like About the South".
smile.gif

Keith wrote:

aww.gif
Here is a link that can explain alot.* It also has some good big band sound.

Enjoy
smile.gif

Keith wrote:

aww.gif

*Ahh yes, I always visit a certain gas station/tackle shop/mini-mart/seafood market known as Sheffield's to get my fix of boiled peanuts.* Best I've had anywhere, and you can get there by boat.* Also to pick up the shrimp and Neese's sausage to go in the schrimp 'n grits.

Please, those are boiled Goobers
Steve W

Moonstruck wrote:

Daddyo wrote:

smile.gif
Forgot to mention the prossessive of y'all.* Singular possessive is y'all's.* Plural possessive is all y'allses'---------and don't forget to drop your r's and g's when speaking Southernese.

That may be how y'all do it in the "deep South", but in Texas it would be "all of y'all's"....plural possessive.

And, thanks for the offer, FF, that is very kind of you!!!

Well I have to disagree on the boiled peanuts, they're just plain nasty to me but then again I do hail from The Old North State.
Esse Quam Videri

Boiled peanuts PHOEY!!

But the fine Concealed Carry Laws most southern stated have , would make anyone want to move here.

Addition to Mr. Baker's grammar: it's "all y'alls" or "all a y'alls", all three would be correct plural progressive though Mr. Baker's would probably be the one you would find in the grammar book. And boiled peanuts? They are one of the best things I discovered when I moved here from South Texas, along with the liquor/food/gun store I found in Lake Charles, LA.

all three would be correct plural progressive

Progressive? the only Progressives in the south are on targets!

Back
Top Bottom