Thank you..!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Right rudder

Veteran Member
Of all the places I have been, the three times I've been to Australia have been some of the the most soul satisfying days I have experienced.

You welcomed us with open arms, you shared your larder and you told some of the dankest tales (all absolutely true) one could imagine, then you smile and start all over again.

Your pugnacious attitude to never give up, even though you might have to start all over again, gives you the ability to do it with a smile and a purpose.

You are a rare land, filled with a rare breed of people, keep it so.

"I am Australian" sang by Mirusia Louwerse - YouTube

Frank

Gee Frank, that`s nice. What passes for irreverent humor here can take some getting used to, glad it worked for you.

Actually, you have an uncanny resemblance to some of my friends.

Actually, you have an uncanny resemblance to some of my friends.

Good lord..!, I had to dig all the way to Pittwater to find a hospitality officer with good taste.

Actually, what's not to like, a well behaved dog, a fine cigar and I'll have another whatever I'm drinking.....no, the other bottle, the one without a label.

Frank

Y'all come back…any time...

Y'all come back…any time...

That, I would do in a heart beat, but alas....Father Time has me ensnared in a no win situation, something called "old age" and all that goes with it.

I do thank you for the invite.

Just finished reading Sir Robin Knox-Johnson's account (A world of my of my Own) describing his single handed non-stop circumnavigation in the 32' vessel SUHAILI, thus becoming the first man to do so.

A better man than I. So many months in the lower latitudes..!

A good book to add to your onboard library if you haven't already done so.

Frank

God Bless Aussies and their Country

I consider Australia my adopted county. My family first moved there when I was 7 years old and stayed for 2 years and retuned when I was 16 where I finished high school. We lived in Perth and Pinjarra WA. Some of my best memories growing up were being in Australia. Perth I consider one of the most beautiful cities in the world and I have travelled the world.
The US could learn a lot from Australia on how to treat their native people, investment in infrastructure, environment, and education.
I consider the education I received at Christ Church Grammar School in Claremont WA to have been world class. :)

Back
Top Bottom