Old 03-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #8
windmist
Guru

City: Port Orchard, WA
Vessel Name: Violet A
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by keb View Post
I live in Portland, Oregon. I was generally interested in Helmsman quality, reputation etc as I wasn't familiar with them? Which model do you have? What type of cruising do you do ... Weekends, overnighters, weeks, great loops, fishing, ??? I have read many of the articles written that are posted on the their website so have the general positive take on them, but from your perspective what would you change if given the opportunity for a "do-over"?
During the past five cruising seasons I have owned my Helmsman 38 Pilothouse, she has been to Alaska once and the Broughton's 3 times. My first year we didn't go further north than Desolation Sound. We normally spend 3 months on the boat in the summer. In fact this weekend we are on a club cruise and I am writing this on the boat in Brownsville.

I think their quality is superb and after I fixed all the new boat bugs, she has been trouble free. Would I change anything? No boat is perfect for everyone but overall I like the boat. Maybe I wish she was 5 or 6 feet longer. If you want to buy her, let me know.

What model are you looking at?

The five stages of life: Sailboats, Motorboats, Motor Homes, Nursing Home, Funeral Home.
windmist is offline   Reply With Quote