Old 03-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #27
psneeld
Guru

City: AICW
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Well, we don't intend to try to drink asbestos. And we do intend to continue to drink bottled water. And I don't honestly know why our choosing to do so would bother any of the rest of you. We don't care what you drink. But all the additional talk and discussing germs on door knobs or the water making process or anything else isn't going to change our choice.
And I don't care what you drink...we are just discussing what people do, don't do, realities of drinking anything...etc...

My point about asbestos was that I would have considered it dangerous to drink after all the issues about breathing it...until a boatload of experts convinced me it wasn't...at least for the time being.

Surprisingly...you can ingest all kinds of things that are harmful in other ways.

Just like margarine in butter...every few years medical science has convinced me that one will kill me and the other is OK....wait a few and the pendulum swings.

Just like worrying about bacteria in general...now research has shown avoiding it may be worse than a good dose now and then.

After a few years on here I know I rarely change anyone's mind....I just try and post stuff that people can use to make up their own minds what they should do.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote