Total Boat Paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
I'm gonna try some of this one part paint from Jamestown Distributors .Has anyone used this?

We used rustoleum marine paint. 3 coats of primer and 3 coats of high gloss white. Year later we are very pleased. $11.85 a qt @ Lowes

HTH
S

Ditto on the Rustoleum marine paint. I sprayed my engine cover with it a few years ago and its holding up well.

We put some of this on today . You have to move quick and keep the edge wet .As always we got better towards the end .Nothing that some sand paper can't take care of .

Second coat blue glo white . Have to move it fast and you need a good brush
. It' no yacht finish but good enough for an old work boat . We will do the deck next with Kingston gray .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 190
I am using Rustoleum marine paint as well. I've been a fan of Pettit marine paint but gave Rustoleum a try because of price. I must say that it holds up very well. I've brushed it and also used it in a spray gun with success. I thin with mineral spirits.

Thanks for the tips, this might be just the thing once I get the bottom done and start working my way up.

Someone has re-painted a lot of the topsides, and even some of the hull, with who-knows-what. That includes some painted wood, fiberglass and aluminum. Some of it needs to be redone soon, particularly the (previously varnished) wood.

And of course, the colors all have to match, so I was hoping to find one paint that can do all three types of surfaces.

Does this seem like a good application for Rustoleum? Do you buy it in regular big-box home supply stores?

Thanks for the tips, this might be just the thing once I get the bottom done and start working my way up.

Someone has re-painted a lot of the topsides, and even some of the hull, with who-knows-what. That includes some painted wood, fiberglass and aluminum. Some of it needs to be redone soon, particularly the (previously varnished) wood.

And of course, the colors all have to match, so I was hoping to find one paint that can do all three types of surfaces.

Does this seem like a good application for Rustoleum? Do you buy it in regular big-box home supply stores?
I used Total Boat from Jamestown Distrbutors . It's a one part . If you paint anything and are not sure what your painting over it's always best to prime it first with a primer that will work with what ever you are going to paint with .

Back
Top Bottom