WAX-- Navy Mainship 34 Hardtop???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BellaDonna

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
BELLADONNA
Vessel Make
34' MAINSHIP HARDTOP TRAWLER
Can anyone tell me if the Navy colored gelcoat on the sides of our Mainship should be polished? I thought that someone said it was not necessary to wax the sides of the boat as they had a special finish?????
Anyone have information or advice,

thanks

A good quality wax with UV protection will help prevent oxidation of the gelcoat.

The navy blue color on the Mainships was not gelcoat but Awlcraft 2000 paint. It should be polished with the polish recommended by Awlgrip.

A caveat---that may not be true for all years, but I believe it to be.

The hull on my 34T is the standard cream color and I have the same question about waxing this color... I'll call Awlcraft and post their recommendation - gray, blue, cream... all the above...

The hull on my 34T is the standard cream color and I have the same question about waxing this color... I'll call Awlcraft and post their recommendation - gray, blue, cream... all the above...

Earl, if your hull is antique white which is a sort of cream color, it is most likely gelcoat.

Response to my question to Awlgrip.. more to follow...

Thank you for your message.

We will forward it to the best person to deal with your enquiry and they will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Agree Moonstruck... antique white comes closer to the correct name... and like the uppers, I'm sure it's gelcoat...

AWLCARE for Navy Mainship...

A big thanks to MOONSTRUCK AND BOATPOKER for their advice regarding waxing the sides of my Mainship Navy trawler.

I telephoned Awlgrip and they do NOT recommend waxing the navy hull.
Awlcare, an acrylic polymer solution, should be used on an absolutely clean hull. It will seal the paint and protect the surface. Water stains may be removed with vinegar and water. The manufacturer recommends applying Awlcare twice a year.

Thanks so much for your input.

Donna

Back
Top Bottom