Second Wave is closing permanently next week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pau Hana

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Pau Hana
Vessel Make
1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
For those of us in the PNW, Second Wave has always been a great place to find the weird, wonderful, and (more often than not) just the right part for that project- at stupid cheap prices.

They are closing their doors for good next week (April 1st). It's a great time to take a final look for boat stuff; I went today, and picked up 8 oil filters for my Cat 3208TAs for $12.

I'll miss the place.....

I'll be sorry to see it go as well. Do you know why their closing?
I'd better go tomorrow before it's all gone.

I'll be sorry to see it go as well. Do you know why their closing?
I'd better go tomorrow before it's all gone.

The building they currently occupy has been sold to make condos. Patty tried to sell the business, but wasn't able to- nor were they able to locate a suitable new home for the business.

I went there when they were in Shilshole, where did they move to?

They are in Fremont, across from the 7-11.

There's a 2nd hand marine store in Bellingham. A lot of stuff. Don't miss the basement.

At 2nd Wave I had fun looking but didn't buy much. Prices seemed fairly high and the stuff appeared to be picked over. I suspect there was a small percentage of the inventory that moved. Came in on Monday .. went out on Wednesday. 75% of the rest of the stuff in that pile had been there for several years. You can't make much money working only 2% of your stock. May not have been like that ... just a guess.

The only thing I remember buying there was a 19" Michigan "Star" wheel. Never was able to use it.

Was fun to browse though.

Loved to look at other boats too until they put fences and locked gates on the entries to boat floats. Before I had a car I often would ride my bicycle to Lake Union and walk the docks. I rode by the old refinery where all the smoke blocked out most of the sunlight.

Another historical thought is the old Doc Freeman's store a little west of the foot of Stone Way. Was a very busy store. I spent a lot of weekends on my bicycle at the waterfront.

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 398 copy 2.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 398 copy 2.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 106
Over the years I got some good deals there, last fall I found a 60lb delta anchor with the sticker on still for $160.00 in perfect shape..going to miss the place.
And yes I am going to live dangerously and use the delta vs. the latest do all anchor
Hollywood

The Bellingham 2nd hand store is fun to browse. Lots of junk, but a great place to find marine stoves, Frig, even stainless railings and bimini top supports and parts. Last time I was there I picked up 4 new 1 3/8" shaft zincs for $5 each. Piles of old NOAA charts, probably best for art, display or reference only.

I believe now the closest such marine store (new, used, and consignment items) to Seattle is Longship Marine in Poulsbo. Not a huge place, but a decent selection of "stuff".

Back
Top Bottom