Strange Knobs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chubasco88

Vessel Name
Gypsy
Vessel Make
Island Gypsy, Hull #56
Hi Everyone,

Proud owner of a 32' Halvorsen Gypsy 1986 model. Equipped with all the good bits and pieces and running a Dover Ford Lehmann SP135.

My question is:- There are two knobs in the main saloon. One near the helm station near the sliding door and another in the ceiling almost directly above the sink on the port side.

Does anyone know what they are? Their function?

Cheers

Welcome!
I'll take a stab at "knobs" (making many assumptions) I think the one over the sink could be a manual propane/cooking gas shutoff and the other one could be a fire pull or... I think some photos would help. Did I say welcome? Welcome!

Picture?

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. A lot of my friends are strange knobs....Go figure.

Last edited:
Hi,

On my IG32, the knob above the stove is the shut-off valve for the propane tank. You can see the valve under the upper helm station, on the port side. I replaced this manual valve with an electric solenoid with the control panel in the galley.
The knob next to the sliding door below the helm is a windshield wash.
I hope this helps.
Harry

Pics of strange knobs?

Hi Everyone,

I am attaching the pics of the 'strange knobs' in my IG.

Attachments

• ceiling knob2.jpg
    ceiling knob2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 144
  • helm knobA.jpg
    helm knobA.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 153
Welcome aboard Malcolm.
Harry Gordon`s post is right on both counts. LPG takes a while to reach the stove. Beware of water dripping off the valve, it indicates water running along the delivery pipe,if so reseal the wood block on the FB deck near the gas bottle(s) where the gas starts its journey to the stove.
Now if I could find where the washer water exits at the screen.... that valve seems just decorative on my boat.
From pic 2, you are getting some spray via the helm door, and something seems to be happening to the bottom of the ply panel, ? water entry.

the knob over the sink is indeed the shut of for the CNG tanks. The one by the helm has me stumped. I have one of them as well and just gave up wondering about it

just heard it is the washer for the windshield.

That question was solved last March, see posts above.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom