garmin ghp-10 auto pilot installation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am in the process of installing a Garmin ghp-10 :)auto pilot on my 37 foot meridian boat, not because I want to but because no installer will answer my phone calls or show up down here in Florida.
I have a hynautic three line hydraulic system with a reservoir in the cockpit bilge. The instructions for the 2.1 pump calls for the return line from the helm to go to the pump, right now my return line goes to the reservoir.
should it go to both the pump and the reservoir?
Thanks for any help, Bill

Should be able to tee the AP pump return fitting into the return line between reservoir and helm. That's how I did mine and it works fine. I don't think it matters where you tee in, wherever convenient.

garmin ghp-10 auto pilot

Thanks SKI,
I have searched all over and could not find that information anywhere.
So far I have made a plywood and oak mount that is 14 " high and 24" long and mounted my pump and electronics box on it. The shadow drive will be mounted separately.
Thanks again, Bill

I have the same auto pilot, and my pump return just go to the helm and it works well

Be careful what advice you take...different steering systems require different connections....it's less about the autopilot I'm pretty sure.

I have a Hynautic system with the reservoir behind my lower helm (but it could be anyplace). My Raymarine autopilot pump is on the flybridge "T"ed into all 3 upper helm lines right behind the upper steering station.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom