The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Benn

Yes in the marina ATM in TCB
Now that it is home the work starts

Allan

Well done Allan, good to hear it went well. Yes, I hate those beam seas, tho it never ceases to amaze me how well Lotus tracks in a following or quartering sea. Coming down from Bribie once I saw 11.3 kn on the GPS surfing down some fairly big ones, yet no hint of a tendency to broach.
Actually Benn, you two might get to meet sooner than September, seeing both of you have expressed an interest in the wee group of us stabled locally who met on a similar forum, and tend to get together from time to time. We are working on it, as we speak, so to speak, but don't worry Allan, I know you have stuff to sort out, and it won't be for a while yet anyway.

Excellent Allan, well done .....Looks like everything is going sweet ....
We have settlement this coming Friday ..... we will take it first from Lamb Island to Horizon shores. *Will start the cleaning and will have some work done there .... all about work isn't?
Then hopefully take it for a nice weekend ... hope this clipper lasts a while ....

Erik

Hi Peter

Yes the surfing went well going up the coast 9 knots was the highest I noticed but all went well.
I think the deeper draft contributed to the good ride
Very pleased

Hi Erik

There is always work to do but that is half the fun
smile.gif
of boat ownership
Got to spend the money on something so might as well be the boat :) (Don't tell the wife I said that)

Allan

Tangalooma

Hi Folks - Neil here from the Gold Coast. We are new to this site. We recently upgraded our bow rider to a Four Winns Vista 285 and love it. Its great to be able to stay out and enjoy as opposed to having to get back in daylight to get the boat out of the water. Our confidence is building and we have stayed out overnight a few times (but had zero sleep each time!!).

We keep the new boat on the rack at Horizon Shores. We love it there and everyone is really good to us especially Troy at T & S Boat sales.

We were thinking about going to Tangalooma for Easter and need some advice. We've been there before in the bow rider and the current was horrendous - we actually broke anchor (the constant chop frayed our rope) and we had to swim (at speed) from the beach to rescue our boat which was quickly floating away!!!

In the new boat - we ALWAYS seem to move - even at Tiplers - our anchor alarm kept sounding even although we put out chain at a ratio of 10:1.

So, if we go to Tangalooma - should we moor near the wrecks? Will it be deep enough? Should we rent a mooring? Any other advice?

Thanks

Neil.

Hi Folks - Neil here from the Gold Coast. We are new to this site. We recently upgraded our bow rider to a Four Winns Vista 285 and love it. Its great to be able to stay out and enjoy as opposed to having to get back in daylight to get the boat out of the water. Our confidence is building and we have stayed out overnight a few times (but had zero sleep each time!!). We keep the new boat on the rack at Horizon Shores. We love it there and everyone is really good to us especially Troy at T & S Boat sales. We were thinking about going to Tangalooma for Easter and need some advice. We've been there before in the bow rider and the current was horrendous - we actually broke anchor (the constant chop frayed our rope) and we had to swim (at speed) from the beach to rescue our boat which was quickly floating away!!! In the new boat - we ALWAYS seem to move - even at Tiplers - our anchor alarm kept sounding even although we put out chain at a ratio of 10:1. So, if we go to Tangalooma - should we moor near the wrecks? Will it be deep enough? Should we rent a mooring? Any other advice? Thanks Neil.

Heaps of anchoring threads on here mate. Search and read and you'll get your answers. Pleeeeeeeeeease don't start a new anchoring thread. It's a ticking time bomb lol.

Sent from iPad using Trawler App

Hi Folks - Neil here from the Gold Coast. We are new to this site. We recently upgraded our bow rider to a Four Winns Vista 285 and love it. Its great to be able to stay out and enjoy as opposed to having to get back in daylight to get the boat out of the water. Our confidence is building and we have stayed out overnight a few times (but had zero sleep each time!!).

We keep the new boat on the rack at Horizon Shores. We love it there and everyone is really good to us especially Troy at T & S Boat sales.

We were thinking about going to Tangalooma for Easter and need some advice. We've been there before in the bow rider and the current was horrendous - we actually broke anchor (the constant chop frayed our rope) and we had to swim (at speed) from the beach to rescue our boat which was quickly floating away!!!

In the new boat - we ALWAYS seem to move - even at Tiplers - our anchor alarm kept sounding even although we put out chain at a ratio of 10:1.

So, if we go to Tangalooma - should we moor near the wrecks? Will it be deep enough? Should we rent a mooring? Any other advice?

Thanks

Neil.

Neil, have a look at my post on your other thread - answers your questions I think - aided by Hendo...

Back
Top Bottom