MV Salish Lady
Veteran Member

City: Anacortes
Vessel Name: Salish Mistress
Vessel Model: American Tug 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurance View Post
Thank you very much everyone!

Shawn, yes, Endurance is an American Tug 395, and yes, I'm shipping it back to Tomco for them to put back together. You're right, they are an absolutely terrific group of people, Kurt Dilworth has been incredibly helpful, patient, and supportive (this is our second AT)(actually, third). Their customer service is the best I have ever seen. I am hoping to have the same person from Tomco who commissioned the boat when we bought it and it arrived on the east coast to be the one who dismantles it.

I'm hoping to find a way to have it trucked without needing to remove the flybridge, and avoid all the associated headaches. I've been told this is theoretically possible, but very costly, and probably not practical for a cross-country trip.

Dudley and Associated have both been recommended to me, but, given my past experiences with having a boat trucked (which were not always positive, though that was another outfit that caused me problems), I greatly appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts and suggestions here.

Thanks again!
I also should have mentioned that we used Dudley about 6 times without any problems.
MV Salish Lady is offline   Reply With Quote