California vs. Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith

Guru
Vessel Name
Anastasia III
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
California:
The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks his dog.
#1. Governor starts to intervene, reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.
#2. He calls animal control. Animal control captures coyote and spends $200 testing it for diseases and $500 upon relocating it.*
#3. He calls veterinarian. Vet collects dead dog and spends $200 testing it for diseases.
#4. Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting bite wound bandaged.
#5. Running trail gets shut down for 6 months while wildlife services conduct a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is clear of dangerous animals.*
#6. Governor spends $50,000 of state funds implementing a "coyote awareness" program for residents of the area.
#7. State legislature spends $2 million investigating how to better handle rabies and how to possibly eradicate the disease.
#8. Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack and for letting the Governor intervene.
#9. Cost: $75,000 to train new security agent.
#10. PETA protests the coyote relocation and files suit against the state.
Texas:
The Governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks his dog.
#1. Governor shoots coyote and keeps jogging. Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge. Buzzards eat dead coyote.
Any wonder why California is broke????

California is an example of what can happen when you have the Democratic party running things. The rest of the country is now getting a good taste of what Californians have had to put up with for years. Welcome to the club, suckers.
biggrin.gif

ancora wrote:

The rest of the country is now getting a good taste of what Californians have had to put up with for years. Welcome to the club, suckers.
biggrin.gif
It would seem to me that the only real suckers are the one that stay.* It's not like it is going to change if you just stay another couple years.* So fix it or leave

JD wrote:So fix it or leave*
The best expression of this sentiment is something I saw on a bumper sticker* - "Get involved.* The world is run by people who show up."

It's how I handle disgruntled employees too - "Accept it, fix it or get out.* But stop your bitchin'!"

I don't see you guys leavin' the U S of A and it is just as screwed up as California and by the same people.
biggrin.gif

ancora wrote:

I don't see you guys leavin' the U S of A and it is just as screwed up as California and by the same people.
biggrin.gif
Show me a post where BL or*I whine about this country or any state in it as you do.* It's one thing to not like somethings as we all do*but to*not liking anything is something else.

Wait 'till November, Ancora.

ancora wrote:

biggrin.gif
I do occasionally practice what I preach.* I'm not leaving, I'm trying to fix.* At a very local level, but 'ya gotta start somewhere.* Community level (does that make me one of those commie "community organizers?") and at the county delegate level.

Sure, it ain't gonna change the world, but it's something much more productive than constant bitchin' about "the man" holding me down.

Now, if any of you want to support me for prez of the U.S., I have plenty of ideas of how I'd fix things!* Getting elected looks like a tougher job than presiding - if, that is, you don't care about getting a 2nd term.

Anything would be an improvement over what we have now.biggrin

Cuba , Hugo Chavez and North Korea are sure to welcome you with open arms.

Or at least ARMS!

You have mentioned some of Obummer's best buds. It seems that the messiah has more fans in other countries than here. JFK had the "Bay of Pigs" as a monumental failure and Obummer has his "Bay of Rigs" has a major fiasco. One of the many differences between the two is that Jackie was a fashion setter while Michelle is a fashion disaster. What women wants to look like an NFL linebacker?
biggrin.gif

Anything would be an improvement over what we have now.biggrin

O'bummer ran against GB , miss him yet?

Gotta love those Texans...

Sent from a friend.* True?* Probably not... but one can only dream.
------------------------------------
"I have a friend who is president of his homeowners association in the Dallas, Texas, suburbs. They were having a terrible problem with litter near some of his association's homes. The reason according to Wallace (my friend) is that six very large, luxurious new houses are being built right next to their community.

The trash was coming from the foreign laborers working at the construction sites and included bags from McDonald's, Burger King and 7-11, plus coffee cups, napkins, cigarette butts, soda cans, empty bottles, etc. He went to see the site supervisor and even the general contractor, politely urging them to get their workers not to litter the neighborhood, to no avail he called the city, county, and police and got no help there either.

So here's what his community did. They organized about twenty (20) folks, named themselves The "Inner Neighborhood Services" group, and arranged to go out at lunch time and "police" the trash themselves. It is what they did while picking up the trash that is so hilarious.

They bought navy blue baseball caps and had the initials "INS" embroidered in gold on the caps.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what they hoped people might mistakenly think the letters really stand for.

After the Inner Neighborhood Services group's first lunch time pickup detail, with all of them wearing their caps and some carrying cameras, 46 out of the total of 68 construction workers did not show up for work the next morning -- and haven't come back yet.

It has been ten days now.

The General Contractor, I'm told, is madder than hell, but can't say anything publicly because he could be busted for hiring illegals...

Wallace and his bunch can't be accused of impersonating federal personnel, because the homeowner association minutes along with a notation about the vote to approve formation of the new subcommittee!*

So, FOLKS, I THINK YOU COULD SAY THAT TEXAS INGENUITY TRIUMPHS AGAIN!

Gotta Love Those Texans...

Reminder: Don't forget to pay your taxes....... 12 million illegal aliens are depending on you."

Back
Top Bottom