Anacortes Trawler Fest Registration is Open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never been. Is it a good show? Are there going to be any rib reps there? Or is it just trawlers?

I have been to a couple and enjoyed them. They have changed over the years but I am very excited to take the class from Bob since we now own a boat with twin Lehman's. They will have a list of events and companies displaying by the end of the month or sooner. Keep checking the web site and see the updates. I think they have been going more towards the high end of the market, which is not where we are, but still there is plenty for us to gain and lots of questions to be answered by some of the industries top people. I am sure it is different for everyone. We are moored in Anacortes so it makes I very easy to be there on our boat.

I think they have been going more towards the high end of the market.

I have heard this as well, but if it were 100% true, they wouldn't have a Ford Lehman class!

If everything goes well over the next couple of weeks, I'll be in the market for a new RIB, a radar mast, and a crane. I was thinking it would be a good show to go to since there are so many good yards up there to begin with.

Let me know if you come up and we can have coffee and chat. Some good food places to recommend in Anacortes. Nice town, lots of resources available in the area.

Let me know if you come up and we can have coffee and chat. Some good food places to recommend in Anacortes. Nice town, lots of resources available in the area.

Maybe we could organize a trawler forum dinner out somewhere. :)

Sounds good. Great breakfast places too. Dad's Diner a go go, is an awesome place for breakfast and lunch, Rockfish grill is good brew pub and food. Several good choices. Some higher end places there too.

Signed up for Bob's class also. +1 on Dads Diner. Got pics up on the wall. Great food. Just name the time and date and we'll go pay Fletcher a visit and talk boats!

I wouldn't waste my time looking for the things you want at a Trawler Fest. There may be one or two accessory vendors there but mostly just big expensive boats for sale. Your best bet would be one of the major boat shows, if there are any still scheduled this late in the year. The classes they have can be good though. Before our first trip to Alaska,we attended classes on first aid, weather forecasting, safety at sea, cruising the inside passage.

Bob Smith's course is excellent. I took it twice. He won't let me take it again though. Chuckle. Great burgers, great beer at the Brown Lantern. We also went to Adrift for seafood but we were disappointed-over priced, long wait times and food somewhat mediocre.

Jim,
Sent from my iPad using Trawler

I have never been. Is it a good show? Are there going to be any rib reps there? Or is it just trawlers?

For what you're looking for, the Strictly Sail Pacific (some powerboats too) boat show in Oakland (Jack London Square), April 10 -13 will be much better. 10-20 times the vendors compared to Trawler Fest.

And, it's much closer for you!

Last edited:
Keith,
Breakfast before class sounds good. PM me and we will figure out when.

Adrift is excellent but you need reservations. Yes, higher priced but all local and mostly organic. For the "chain" folks we now have an Anthony's also.

Pretty happy to get into Bob's class, I've heard it is a good one.

Jeff

Jbear...remember...Brown Lantern. Very, very good burgers and Total Domination IPA on tap.

Jim, Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Just went there for lunch. Best burgers around! Of course my doctor probably doesn't agree! We were sitting there one night drinking beers with friends. Usual crowd. Looked up from my beer to see the source of the music that just started and everyone was about 25! Damn, I hate getting old...

Sounds like we need to go there to listen to some music then, assuming it was live. I am encouraged by some of the newer music coming out. It appears to have gotten away from the hip hop non music.

Fletcher will know where the music is that week. He plays and was in the industry for awhile, new John Prine too I guess.

I lurk here a lot but only post when I think I can add to the conversation. It's funny how you start to think you really know some of the more frequent posters. I guess I didn't realize there were so many Anacortes people here. If you are out and about in town, stop in our office at the Anacortes Marina (we are hidden upstairs). The coffee is always on......and no, I am not trying to sell you anything; it would just be nice to put a face with a name......er, screen name :).

Also, if you aren't aware, there will be quite a few trawlers and tugs on display at the Anacortes Boat Show this Friday through Sunday. Admission and parking is free. We will be on C-Dock if you want to say "hi".

Peter, I will stop by on my next trip to the boat and take you up on a cup of coffee.

Keith

I lurk here a lot but only post when I think I can add to the conversation. It's funny how you start to think you really know some of the more frequent posters. I guess I didn't realize there were so many Anacortes people here. If you are out and about in town, stop in our office at the Anacortes Marina (we are hidden upstairs). The coffee is always on......and no, I am not trying to sell you anything; it would just be nice to put a face with a name......er, screen name :).

Also, if you aren't aware, there will be quite a few trawlers and tugs on display at the Anacortes Boat Show this Friday through Sunday. Admission and parking is free. We will be on C-Dock if you want to say "hi".

Peter, great to hear from you and have not seen you for a couple of years! How is your wonderful charming wife! :flowers: Are you going to have a boat in the show this year?

Hi Phil........yes, it has been a couple of years, hasn't it. Time flies when you are having fun. I will pass on your greeting to Jan, thank you.

Ok.......you asked for it.....(shameless plug alert!!!).......yes, we will have a boat in the show; in fact, there are six boats, all trawlers with one exception. Nor'wester will be there, snugged in between our brokerage boats and Marine Servicenter who is now our dealer for new boat sales. We will be selling Nor'wester as a brokerage boat and supporting MSC's efforts as well. (shameless plug ended) :)

Are you coming to the show? Please stop and say "hi" if you are.,,,,,it would be great to see you.

We are planning on it. Hope the weather is some what desent.

Hey, any time I can help you make shamelss plug let me know. :thumb:

My comment of having 6 boats in the show was for the Anacortes Boat Show last month.........however, we will have Nor'wester in Trawler Fest. It will be with Marine Servicenter, our local dealer. See you there!

Don't even know where the Brown Lantern is. We go to the island Cafe and Calico Cubbord. The best for us though is Mary Ann's Kitchen. Probably not big enough for a group though.

My doctor is in Anacortes and in a Starbucks there on Commercial ave there is a mural on the wall w a 36 Willard in the picture. Only about 3" long though. The Willard Boat Owners Group was all hyped about it and I was disappointed when I saw it.

Last edited:
My doctor is in Anacortes and in a Starbucks there on Commercial ave there is a mural on the wall w a 36 Willard in the picture. Only about 3" long though. The Willard Boat Owners Group was all hyped about it and I was disappointed when I saw it.

Yeah, a 3" Willy is nothing to get excited about.:D

Last edited:
Don,
Ya got me there ... not claim'in to have a Willy only 3"long though.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Coincidentaly we went to Mary Ann's Kitchen for lunch today.

Last edited:
We usually are around on Delfin during Trawler Fest, so stop by and say hello if you attend. We're on Delta dock 29, same dock as the event.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom