• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Trawler wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdobs16

WANTED:
Looking for a trawler to put in the back yard and fix up until shes ready to go. This would be a*+years project until we save the money to set sail to the Bahamas, so we*dont mind a MAJOR fixer-upper,*35'+, Fiber-glass or reinforced, prefer diesel engine, but will take anything. Want to stay around $2,000 but may be able to gather some more money for the right boat. Please call (727) 771-3380, ask for Morgan. We are located in Clearwater, FL.

Seriously? $2,000??

Its not unheard of! We are saving around $10,000 to find one thats liveable, but it doesnt hurt to look for something thats in need of some major repair and put the money into it now rather than saving for something later.

Gees,
I don't know where you live but even at 10k a liveable liveabord would have to still be a wreck.
I know boat prices in Aus are higher than the US but that would have to be a big ask.

Benn

Hurricane season is coming , a re floated boat can sometimes be has at this price, plug the holes , swop the drive train and gut the interior.

A lot of work to "save" a couple of bucks.

My advice would be to create a list of boatyards and write SNAIL MAIL to find out when they will be having a sheriff sale of abondoned boats in their yard.

You may get something with smashed interior from some idiot that bit off more than he knew , or a boat with a blown engine , where the owner does not know how to swop it.

As a chance call Glades Boat yard , on the Callosahatchie River , and ask what they have for sale.

Last time I was there they had a really nice boat about 38ft with a blown gas engine (twin).

The owner had no skills and about $10K would get a boat that was running and out cruising when the engine went.

Thanks FF for your advice! And everyone else, you dont need a lot of money to find a hidden gem. My dad, a diesel mechanic of 25 years, does it for a living down in the Keys and has bought boats for dirt cheap and turned them around for a huge profit. I only went on this forum to get advice and see whats available and so far I have only come across criticism for not being rich and trying to find a boat in MY price range, didnt know this forum was only for rich A holes with expensive boats!

Calling us all rich a-holes shows you really don't know this forum.

Well now you know. Been called an a-hole a few times, never a rich a-hole. Pretty cool.

-- Edited by Gulf Comanche on Wednesday 2nd of June 2010 08:04:02 AM

A guy at my marina has a 27' or so sailboat he claims to have purchased for $500 from the guys who run the yard.* It has a brand new inboard diesel, new sails and new deck hardware, sill in the boxes.* All the standing and running rigging looked in top shape too.*

$500?* I dunno, the guy seems like a bit of a blowhard.* But, if I had known of the deal I would have jumped on it.* Just what I need, a 3rd boat!

He claimed there were a few ~40' power cruisers that went for ~$6k too.

Over the past 2 years it seems there are more and more boats that don't make it back into the water in the Spring.* Sign of hard economic times, I guess.* People will walk away from a boat they can't pay for just like a house.

mdobs16 wrote:

didnt know this forum was only for rich A holes with expensive boats!
I wish I was a rich A-hole with an expensive boat! Actually around Clear Lake and Galveston I still see storm boats. Payco's in Galveston has quite a few on the hard that have not been touched since they were moved in.

Here is a fixer upper that really caught my eye on Craigs List, looks like LOTS of work but it would really make someone a nice little boat. For a person that doesnt need much space it could be a live aboard. At this point who knows what he might take if you have cash in hand!

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/1741073116.html

-- Edited by troy994719 on Wednesday 2nd of June 2010 12:01:15 PM

Made it at last.
Rich A-hole always wanted to be one , now I is one.
Thanks.

Man if you can find a fixer upperer for that price go for it, but I would be very wary of its constructional strength.

Benn

Wingspar: I sent the broker an e-mail saying I'd take it. We'll see what happens.
wink.gif

-- Edited by Keith on Wednesday 2nd of June 2010 02:09:31 PM

Thanks Troy for your POSITIVE response. And by me saying rich, basically I consider anyone that owns and lives on a boat rich because thats my dream and wish it would happen sooner than later, so maybe I took that a bit too far, and I apologize, your just A holes....no just kidding.

Nice recovery there Dobs. I have seen the boat that Troy posted. It is at the Wharf in League City. Bargain hard with the dude but I still doubt it will hit your 2k price mark....but you never know unless you try.

The biggest hassle with purchasing a really cheap boat is the delusion known a scrap value.

Owners who purchased a single crappy Bomar hatch for $400. think it will be easy to get $100 for it, nice dream , but not realistic.

So the owners delude them selves the old tub is "worth" $5000 for mostly used gear you will scrap.

The only exception is the rare wooden boat , built with fine bronze hardware , IF you have a use for all the gear , and a way to get rid of the hulk.

-- Edited by FF on Thursday 3rd of June 2010 04:19:16 AM

rich a holes? good way to go about asking for help.......not

-- Edited by albin43 on Thursday 3rd of June 2010 08:53:12 AM

I have a 1964 28' Hatteras with no power in Stuart, FL for $3,000. (772) 285-2266 / cadillacboats@me.com

-- Edited by Cadillac on Friday 16th of March 2012 07:55:59 AM

Attachments

• cimg9121.jpg
    cimg9121.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 91
  • cimg9125.jpg
    cimg9125.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 86
  • cimg4909.jpg
    cimg4909.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 89
  • cimg4910.jpg
    cimg4910.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 95
  • cimg4911.jpg
    cimg4911.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 85
  • cimg4914.jpg
    cimg4914.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 114
  • cimg8495.jpg
    cimg8495.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 110
Morgan... Welcome to The Trawler Forums. Not the best way to introduce yourself though... ;-)

Please try to use caution in your tone. Some of us broke a-holes don't want to be left out. We all love helping people with their dream, but sometimes (and this case may be considered one) goals that on the surface appear somewhat far-fetched to us, are ridiculed. Consider it a "weeding out" of spammers. We get all kinds here and some posts are just spam from people that have nothing else to do with themselves. We'll just ask you to be a bit more courteous in the future.

Now... Form the standpoint of your question. Do you live on the water? If not, I would suspect that your entire budget would be eaten up just hiring a company to get a 35' trawler into your backyard.

Check marinas and boatyards. Some people just abandon their boats and then the marinas and boatyards sometimes have to find new owners or dispose of those abandoned boats.* I've seen it happen a couple times in the past couple years right here on the Neuse.

Might also check with municipalities that are close to the water & having an abandoned boat issue. Lots of time they will simply bid them out to get them removed.

There is a 60' Hatteras stuck in the marshes of the Trent River if you want to drag it out and disappear into the night with it :-D

Ha, he called ya'll rich ass holes!! I needed that this morning. There was a lugger that sold here in Biloxi for less then 10k that was in running order, genset, ac and people were living on it. It needed lots of TLC but your not to far off on your estimate to get a project. My only advice would be to hold off on the name calling until you at least give this forum two days to respond and increase your 2k to 5k or 10k. Bigger bait bigger fish. There is someone who wants to sell there heap and 10k sounds good. You go look at it and offer the guy 2k. No harm no foul and you will probably get it. It's called tire kicking. Good luck.

-- Edited by Tony B on Friday 2nd of March 2012 07:19:53 AM

-- Edited by Tony B on Friday 2nd of March 2012 07:21:07 AM

buy a chart and look for the little symbols that look like a boat .If you go to the dollar store and buy an industrial bag of party balloons and start blowing,you get enough to get it to the surface.$20 dollars for the chart,fifty dollars for the balloons.there you go,seventy bucks for your liveaboard-problem solved!

IF a trailerable (just ) trawler 28-30 ft will do, a neighbor has a nice GRP boat with a new diesel engine mostly installed.

About $10K will get a boat for the Loop, Bahamas or other normal TT , Bayliner cruising.

Old Stone wrote:
Tony - What happenned - Cat got your tongue ???? :no:
*Yeah. I whimped out.

I decided to leave well enough alone.

I thought it would go unnoticed

Morgan, I found mine @ a local marina. I too wanted to put her in the backyard to fix up, but she was WAY too heavy and the cost was ridiculous to have her hauled!! I am keeping her at the marina covered while I fix her up. Slip fees at marina are VERY reasonable ($200 mo). I first was looking at a 48' Nautaline the marina was giving away to avoid disposal fees. The previous owner was several months behind on slip fees and titled it over to marina!! They just wanted it gone. That one needed too much in my opinion, ALL systems were in failure due to lack of winterization and lots of wood rot to transom, stringers, floors, walls, etc. But, while I was looking, one of the liveaboards turned me on to a better prospect at a great price that needed very little work. I was able to buy a 36' Uniflite Sport Sedan with operable crusader engines for $3500. Prior owner had fallen on hard times (financial and health) and needed to get out from under it quick! I will probably put another $2000 into it replacing some broken windows, batteries, a liitle rotten interior wood, and interior updating. But I'm grinning from ear to ear as I thought this would only be possible maybe when I retired!! Good Luck, Jim

-- Edited by Jolly Time on Tuesday 27th of March 2012 08:29:24 PM

Funny I thought we were mostly poor delusional fools.

Hi There,***** there is a 38' Present "Europa"* for sale here in the Bahamas.*****Don't know much about it,* I know it needs elbow grease, but I think it is fully functional,** May be had for about 28 - 30 K,*** If anyone is interested let me know I'll get you a contact

Regards

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom