I need another boat like a hole in the head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshanafelt

Vessel Name
Isobel K
Vessel Make
37' Custom Pilothouse
And yet, here is one. A motorsailor no less. She sure seems priced well and what a beautiful vessel.

I have observed that the direction of temptations is typically the 'dark' side of stink potter's which lures the sailboaters. Funny how this may be going the opposite way.

Eric, I believe the hull form is displacement, can you confirm?

Attachments

• schuker.jpg
    schuker.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 135
Always room for more boats. After all, you have five holes in your head at minimum. Do you have five boats yet? If not, get busy.

Greetings,
Mr. b. Read a book titled "A Gentleman's Guide to Passages South" by Bruce Van Sant. He demasted a Schucker and cruised extensively. We looked at several at one point but decided they were too small for our desires. Nice platform though...

Buy the boat, buy the boat, she even has the desired layout. These are getting harder and harder to find even in Florida where built, but she's already out there to boot. I can't imagine her lasting long, but I didn't watch long enough to see if a price was mentioned. If under $80k I would buy without a survey.

Is there a rehab facility for compulsive boat buying? Boat Addiction?

Is there a rehab facility for compulsive boat buying? Boat Addiction?
I don't know, but we need it. We just downsized the fleet from 7 to 6. :hide:

Looks like a wonderful boat. I like a more fwd helm like a NT but if I had sailboat blood I'd see it as perfect. What would you say it is? A 70-30 or a 90-10? Of course a sailboater may see it as a 90-10 and I'm think'in more like 60-40. There's still lots of "cave" but w/o the rigging it looks like a fairly good trawler or should I say very good trawler.

The video was too slow for me so didn't see all that much. I love those davits. Wanted them but got sticker shock. Now that we pay $300 a month moorage they are no longer in my mind. I'll get another 4' of boat first and not likely to do that either.

Yes I definitely agree w High Wire. FD. Look s like she's a bit like Willy. A bit light and slack fwd and very full aft. I'm quite sure the Willard 30s were designed by a mostly sailboat NA. They have a lot of sailboat features. Some day I'm going to look that up but then maybe I don't really want to know.

I promised myself, "I will never buy another boat!" "This one's it until I'm no longer able!!"

So my son took that to mean. He should buy a salmon fishing boat and park it in my driveway (since his condo doesn't allow boats and trailers on the property.):facepalm:

Still asking myself, "Just how did that happen??" :nonono:

I promised myself, "I will never buy another boat!" "This one's it until I'm no longer able!!"

So my son took that to mean. He should buy a salmon fishing boat and park it in my driveway (since his condo doesn't allow boats and trailers on the property.):facepalm:

Still asking myself, "Just how did that happen??" :nonono:

We haven't even made such a promise to ourselves. We do intend though to hold on to them for years. But I'm even out of control on dinghy's and tenders. Still, we put about 1000 hours combined on boats last year (including charters) and close to 20,000 nm.

I was very close to buying a Schucker 430 just two years ago. My wife (who has a veto) said the pilothouse made it look like a "tugboat".
But to be clear, you can own more than one boat?
I may have to start looking again.

Im not sure there is enough sail to be called a motor sailor.

FF,
This is more of a motorsailer not trying to be a trawler too.

Don't know what it is as I don't know sailboats. Taken in Craig AK.

We don't see many boats like this in Alaska.

Attachments

• DSCF0236 copy.jpg
    DSCF0236 copy.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 130
I like the boat next to this motorsailer ... the burly 75642, what a boat!

Last edited:
I don't think you can determine "motor sailor" vs "sailboat " from a picture unless it is a profile pic where you can see it's full sailplan and can measure it and it's underwater profile (to a point).

There are pilot house sailboats so just because there's a pilot house doesn't automatically make it a "motor sailor".

FF,
This is more of a motorsailer not trying to be a trawler too.

Don't know what it is as I don't know sailboats. Taken in Craig AK.

We don't see many boats like this in Alaska.

Looks like maybe a Nauticat, but that's just a guess.

I know a Captain around here who has a Schucker MS and he says they like it. Back and forth on the ICW each year... I think he described them as being production hulls with one-off finishing, no two alike.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom