Will Work for Dock Space

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angus99

Guru
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
Defever 44
If our purchase goes through in April, we'll be moving our new-to-us Defever 44 to the Chesapeake from Florida in 2 or 3 legs over a period of a few months . . . basically, whenever I can get time away from work. We'd like leg 1 to end somewhere near Savannah or Charleston for airport access.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any safe marinas or private docks near those towns with reasonable monthly rates and 7 ft. at MLW. I have one recommendation for Osprey near Myrtle Beach, which looks great, but may be too far for the time we can allow for the first leg.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Isle of Hope or Thunderbolt in Savannah. City Marina (higher priced) and a scad of others in Charleston. South of Savannah, Brunswick Landing is a nice spot, reasonably priced, popular with folks who need to be north of Florida during hurricane season for insurance purposes. Not far off I95 so easy to get to the Savannah Airport. There are shuttles serving Brunswick and St Simon's Island.

Osprey is a really nice little place by the way and not far from the MB airport.

Brunswick Landing has a price increase going into effect next month according to the dockmaster yesterday when I went in to pay for a couple nights....25 cents a foot ($2.25) for daily...she didn't mention other rates but said it's in response to other marina's raising theirs so overall rates may be going up.

When you get to FL, give a call, lots of room in our Hurricane Hole area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom