The literal end of the road, where dreams still live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
15' Hobie Power Skiff w/90hp Yamaha-owned 28 years. Also a 2001 Bayliner 3788 that I took in trade
The literal end of the road, where dreams still live on.

Of course, the guy who managed the yard said "take photos while you can, I hope to have this cleared out soon" (I think he wants to cash in like the owner of the Peninsula Marine did) I hope not, as Gentrification has ruined what used to be unique about so many places in America. Yankee's go home is the theme of the South! IMG861-1.jpg

IMG860-2.jpg

IMG859-2.jpg

IMG857.jpg

IMG856-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to be Stock Island. Used to be derided as seedy. Now probably the only place in the keys that actually has any character.

more

Boats 287.jpg
What more could you want? A Gulfstar with a view, a Mercedes, maybe a bicycle, and an air conditioner. That boy is marriage material here!:D

Boats 301.jpg
Yes!!!!

My family has had a presence in the Keys for 35yrs. I've seen the place evolve. We have a joke that whenever someone in the eastern US gets kicked out of a town, they have a choice: west, north or south. Most of these characters go south. Town after town, they go south. When they run out of bridges, they have ended up in Key West. As of late, the get booted out of KW and go back to Stock Island.

Nice old car. Model A??

My family has had a presence in the Keys for 35yrs. I've seen the place evolve. We have a joke that whenever someone in the eastern US gets kicked out of a town, they have a choice: west, north or south. Most of these characters go south. Town after town, they go south. When they run out of bridges, they have ended up in Key West. As of late, the get booted out of KW and go back to Stock Island.

Nice old car. Model A??

And seems eventually the boat gets given away or sold on craigslist to some unsuspecting soul who gets pushed out to sea and soon finds it sinking.

Stock Island ....and the Hogfish. Life is good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Trawler

Greetings,
What's the old saying? Don't start vast boat projects with a half vast bank account.
I don't think that's a model A but I could be thrown off by the grille.

Our constabulary proud of busting a local bootleg operation:

232323232%7Ffp536%3A2%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3453568653336nu0mrj

Last edited:
Stock Island ....and the Hogfish. Life is good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Trawler

X2 on the Hogfish. Our favorite place. Although Alabama Jack's is interesting as well.

Kinda makes me remember Jimbo's. so many good times, good friends, good stories, and good memories (or lack there of). What a place!

I have only been traveling to south Florida for the last 15 years or so but in that short time i can see a change...more noticeable in the keys.

I am not a huge fan of the sterile, characterless place most of south florida has become. If i wanted Disney world i'd have stayed in Orlando.

Nice old car. Model A??

Looks like a '34 Ford 2 door sedan tear drop grill. Definitely not an A, their run ended in '31. Very much sought after with the hand crank hole in the grill and suicide doors. The '35s - '37s looked similar but I don't recall the grill design going past '34. This is the era when the flat head V8 was born.

Looks like a '34 Ford 2 door sedan tear drop grill. Definitely not an A, their run ended in '31. Very much sought after with the hand crank hole in the grill and suicide doors. The '35s - '37s looked similar but I don't recall the grill design going past '34. This is the era when the flat head V8 was born.

I knew it wasn't a Deuce because of the suicide doors. Thought it may be a '33 Victoria, but the crank hole in the grill threw me off that. I thought the crank hole went away with the advent of the V8. My brother had a '31 A and a '40 coupe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom