Propane solenoid with a timer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob12000

Does anyone know where I can find a solenoid for my propane with a timer?
Once I left a pot until it boiled dry, another time I forgot to turn off the propane solenoid after I was done cooking.

A twist timer like on a bathroom fan or light would be perfect.

Does anyone know where I can find a solenoid for my propane with a timer? Once I left a pot until it boiled dry, another time I forgot to turn off the propane solenoid after I was done cooking. A twist timer like on a bathroom fan or light would be perfect.

Bob, you already came up with the solution.

A twist type switch to replace the switch you have now

A twist type switch to replace the switch you have now

When installing propane we use a switch AND a timer.

Should children get loose you have a better chance by requiring both.

A red GAS ON light is easy to add to the system at low cost.

We have the red light when the solenoid is ON, and it's in an easy to notice place below the helm in the salon. Yes we have left the solenoid on more than once after we were thru in the galley, but the light gets noticed and the switch turned off.

The control I have now has a light and fuse, is oriented 90 degrees to the Intermatic switch in the link and the hole in the panel is not big enough for that type of switch (I've tried one). Ideally I'd get a package that fits in the same slot in the helm. I like the idea of a redundant switch and timer to make it more fool-proof.

I have a picture of my present arrangement but the forum wants to know the URL for it. It's on my hard drive, can someone 'splain me how to post a pic from my hard drive?

Hit post reply (not quick reply). Select the paper clip next to the smiley face at the top of the page,,,it will take you to another screen. The top section should say 'download file from computer'. Select the picture and hit the upload button. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and close the window. That should be it.

Propane solenoid this form factor

Okay, the picture should be visible.

My question: does someone know of a lighted switch with a timer that will fit into a space that size and orientation (horizontal, faceplate dimension roughly 5", hole dimensions roughly 3" x 4")?

Thanks for everyone's help here getting me up to speed on how to use this forum.

Attachments

• Detour_Propane_solenoid.jpg
    Detour_Propane_solenoid.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 183
Why not leave it as is and just put a quality kitchen timer by the stove. Turn on the stove or oven and set the timer.

Lena would kill me if I installed one of those plus I would suffer greatly from the lack of her derserts, roasts, etc. I can see it now. It takes 15 minutes to preheat the oven and 2+ hours to cook. We forget to reset the timer in the middle of her baking and the timer shuts off the gas with 30 minutes to go. :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom