Back aboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Lights II
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
The weather improved enough I thought it was time to move back to the river. The harbor and river are both nearly ice covered. Dock water isn't on so I'am going to borrow enough hoses to reach from the frost free hydrant in the parking lot so I can fill the water tank. This is the 1st time I've been back since I winterized on Dec 10 of last year, I usually drive over once a month to check on the boat during winter but the weather has been so bad this year I never made it. Boat is in good shape, no problems over the winter, I always worry about animals getting on and making a mess. It ain't summer but it ain't bad.

Greetings,
HAH!!!!

slide_340507_3502767_free.gif

I went for a short cruise two days ago. It was -24 degrees F when I left. I had left the heat on and the engine and gen started with no trouble. I really hate how the winter messes with my "yachting". Next winter will be in the Caribbean if it kills me.

2013-12-14%2008.49.52.jpg

Attachments

• Mar5 2014.jpg
    Mar5 2014.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 174
Love an older boat, I really like an older tug boat...have some pictures of it to share?
Some of the best coffee I ever drank came off a tug boat one cold November night on the upper Mississippi river fifty one years ago. Don't ask, I was young and dumb in those days...now that I am considerably older I only occasionally slip into a dumbbutt mode.
Anyway, if you have some pictures and lay them on the table, I would appreciate that.

Frank

The ice is gone from the channel of the river but still can't get out of the marina, a few more good days and it'll be time for a boat ride.

The ice is gone from the channel of the river but still can't get out of the marina, a few more good days and it'll be time for a boat ride.

Checked out the Y adapter yet???

Love an older boat, I really like an older tug boat...have some pictures of it to share?
Some of the best coffee I ever drank came off a tug boat one cold November night on the upper Mississippi river fifty one years ago. Don't ask, I was young and dumb in those days...now that I am considerably older I only occasionally slip into a dumbbutt mode.
Anyway, if you have some pictures and lay them on the table, I would appreciate that.

Frank

Here's a couple of liveaboard ICW tugs....wonder which has better coffee?:D

I really ike the laundry hanging outboard on the second one so the boats can enjoy the view and not the neighbors...:eek:

Attachments

• DSCN2714.jpg
    DSCN2714.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN2715.jpg
    DSCN2715.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Not yet but I've got it here, I'll check it out tomorrow with a load on it. I'll let you know how it does.

Here's a couple of liveaboard ICW tugs....wonder which has better coffee?:D

I really ike the laundry hanging outboard on the second one so the boats can enjoy the view and not the neighbors...:eek:

The little pusher boat has not yet passed his anchoring exam (anchored smack dab on a cable crossing) and as such, attention to details in the galley are more than likely limited also.

Therefore, I say "right rudder, all ahead 1/3" and lets mosey over to the old girl who appears to have been around the chart a time or two.

That pusher tug is just a jazzed up houseboat...but kinda cool looking....:D

Right Rudder,
Search for tug T.B.Mcclintic
She was built by the bath iron works, she has her own web site.
Good eye for a nice looking vessel.

if I remember right that old tug is or was laying on the icw below Daytona for years?????

Just above St. Augustine up near Caps restaurant as I remember.

Last edited:
Tug was just north of Daytona before the Palm Coast area...doubt it's moved lately as the bottom growth was really bad back in Jan...

...the houseboat Tug that was just north of downtown Daytona on the west side of the ICW.

Last edited:
Right Rudder,
Search for tug T.B.Mcclintic
She was built by the bath iron works, she has her own web site.
Good eye for a nice looking vessel.

Capt. Peters has one fine vessel there. I would be willing to wear white cotton gloves and clean the heads on her for a week, just to see the gleam in his eye as he describes his treasure to me.
They don't make too many quite that elegant anymore. Wood in many ways is like a string of pearls, it has to be touched and caressed to age well.

I didn't get a chance to try it out till today and it works fine. I have a problem with my onboard water tank that's kept me busy doing some research on how to replace it. Filled it up on Sunday using about 400' of hose from the hydrant in the parking lot. About 2 hours later the 80 gallons of water was in the bilge. New project time, thanks for the adapter it'll come in handy I'am sure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom