Best Price Awlgrip Paint Job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. C. Read post #28. Jeepers, I'm starting to get the distinct impression I'm being ignored....

White Caterpillar paint, your local Caterpillar dealer should have it or be able to get it for you.

But I'm at Rio de Janeiro and my boat at St Thomas. I can't travel with paint.

But I can delivery from US to St Thomas

Greetings,
Mr. C. Read post #28. Jeepers, I'm starting to get the distinct impression I'm being ignored....

There isn't anything to read in post 28.

Alemao now that you have told us what your issue is and where you are, Offshore Marine St Thomas is the local Cat servicer/distributor. I am sure there is someone in Rio, they show a dealer in Macae.

I'll call him here and I'll try to make contact with them in St Thomas, thank you
I'm going to St Thomas in the beginning of April to continue my trip.

Some information on the St Thomas Cat dealer They are supposed to be a marine dealer so should have the white paint but best to order it before.

Attachments

• St Thomas cat dealer marine.PNG
    St Thomas cat dealer marine.PNG
    12.6 KB · Views: 548
"I told you that paint was no good.."

Listen to the professional!!! I'm a professional marine painter.

I once did a varnish job. The owner made me use this old varnish that had been custom mixed for him years ago. I told him several times that it was too old and we needed new varnish. He didn't listen. I used the old varnish. It turned out horrible. He was mad at me!!! I told him it wouldn't work and then when it didn't work, he was angry at me!!! Lesson learned, now I stand by my guns even if it pisses the owner off and I lose the job, but all my work turns out beautiful.

I just did a beautiful awlgrip job on a 42' sailboat, you can see it at Nicks boat work Awlgrip boat work marine paint eastern shore maryland delaware awlcraft 2000 pressure pot.

Here's the short...
If you ask 10 different professionals how to do an awlgrip job, your going to get 9 different answers. This is because Awlgrip hasn't published application instructions. The manuals specify equipment settings, have some general guidelines, and that's about it. So, find someone who has done it successfully and listen to them about EVERYTHING!!! You can't piece together instructions from several sources and make decisions yourself. If you haven't done it before, you don't know what your talking about, I don't care how much you have read or whom you have talked to.

That said, awlgrip is not that hard to apply properly once you know how to do it. It's just primer and paint, there's no magic skill a painter needs to apply awlgrip. If someone has done a good job before, they'll do a good job again. Try craigslist or ask around the boat community to find a local experienced professional. Awlgrip is all the rage right now, there are boat painters like me popping up all over the place whom can do it. You don't have to go to Canada for an awlgrip job.

Back
Top Bottom