Nordic Tug Surveyor needed in SF bay area!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bligh

Guru
Vessel Name
Concerto
Vessel Make
1980 Cheoy Lee
Looking for recommendations for a surveyor in SF bay area familiar with Nordic Tugs.
Please help.
Thanks
Scott

If your going to be regularly boat shopping, making contact with one STRONG surveyor should be at the top of your list of things to do. If you go over to the Baylinerownersclub.org site and post this question you'll get many answers quickly as there's many owners, there including one fellow named Neil who owns a Boatyard in Alameda.

This is the guy I used in Oakley on my boat. He is a real buyer's advocate and some brokers don't like becuase he is on the buyer's side:

Brenden Schemdt, CMS
P.O. Box 311
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 934-5744

Thanks sea duc!

We used Mr. Schmidt here in Oakley [small world] as well. Albeit on a smaller boat, and we thought he was very professional, and answered my questions, during, and after the survey. As "greenhorns" we were glad to have had someone who could break it all down so I could understand it.

G/L

MB

Ok. thanks. Now im going to raise you.

Can anyone recommend and engine surveyor in the same area or in the delta?

Thanks again!
Scott

Ok. thanks. Now im going to raise you.

Can anyone recommend and engine surveyor in the same area or in the delta?

Thanks again!
Scott

Funny you should ask!

This guy in my opinion this guy is the best on the west coast. Very thorough...

Stacy's Marine Service
P.O. Box 222
Bryon CA 94514
(209) 785-3557

Byron, CA

Boat survey: Kent Parker, Napa. 707-252-9383

Engine survey: List Marine, Sausalito. 415-332-5478

Their reputation is well known in the Bay Area. I would use them again!

I've got a call into List marine and an email. Apparently they like email better than telephone.
I also have an appointment with Mr Parker. My first call was to Brendan but Kent answered the phone and therefore got my business.
If I don't hear from list, I will need to start calling elsewhere as time is of the essence.
Thanks for the help everyone.

I've got a call into List marine and an email. Apparently they like email better than telephone.
I also have an appointment with Mr Parker. My first call was to Brendan but Kent answered the phone and therefore got my business.
If I don't hear from list, I will need to start calling elsewhere as time is of the essence.
Thanks for the help everyone.

List is a professional business. Call their shop on business hours. Jessica usually is the first you will speak to. Good Luck!

If you are considering a NT, make sure you go to SENTOA.org and join the list server.

PS: I may have already given you this advice...

South east nordic tug owners association. They run the list server for all the Nordic Tugs owners worldwide.

List declined the job. Haven't heard from Chuck's (email only). Going to try Stacy's.

No one answers their phones at any of these places. I left messages for all of them. I left emails at Chucks. I guess I expected more (like a person to answer the phone during business hours), but I'm unfamiliar with the industry.

Stacey will return your call, he is porbably out inspecting a boat.

bligh,
That's a good sign. They are busy getting experience and not charging enough to hire someone to answer the phone.

Schmidt and List both have great reputations. If you're not getting responses, or, are declined, that probably means they're too busy with their regular customers (brokers).

If you're using an experienced and locally known broker, have them call on your behalf. Brokers have "pull". I'd be surprised if they didn't get a quick response.

Schmidt and List both have great reputations. If you're not getting responses, or, are declined, that probably means they're too busy with their regular customers (brokers).

If you're using an experienced and locally known broker, have them call on your behalf. Brokers have "pull". I'd be surprised if they didn't get a quick response.

I don't have a broker. Maybe the surveyor will be able to make a call for me. The good weather here sure has kept businesses going. Thank for the suggestion.

You've got the names of the best marine and engine surveyors in the Bay area. I completed my purchase within the last few weeks and used both Brendan and Chuck. They are hard to get in touch with because they are 1 man shows. Chuck does have a woman who works for him, but about the only way to get in touch is via email.

Someone was correct in mentioning that it is much easier to get an appointment with these guys when you are using a broker. My broker set everything up and I never met Chuck or Brendan until the day they did their work.

Which Nordic Tug model are you looking at? I've got a friend with a 42 that I've captained quite a bit.

Chuck's finally got back to me, but I have already scheduled Stacey. I'm having more jitters about buying this boat than I have had over buying any properties. At least now everyone is scheduled and for next week, the financing is in place and I can now relax for a few days. This boat buying business is stressful !

Chuck's finally got back to me, but I have already scheduled Stacey. I'm having more jitters about buying this boat than I have had over buying any properties. At least now everyone is scheduled and for next week, the financing is in place and I can now relax for a few days. This boat buying business is stressful !

Just DON"T fall in love with it till you are sure it is in REALLY OK Condition and you own it at the best price you could live with. Maken mistake on a boat can be one BIG PIA! :facepalm: :eek: :D

Best Luck! :thumb:

Good Luck! Stacey and Brandon will take very good care of you! Tell them the Alaskan Sea-Duction, aka Interlude says hi and yes I did make it to the Columbia River.

When was the fuel tanks inspected and the fuel last polished? Here are some great folks for that job too:

CSSI Fuel Filtration

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom