• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Here's a real looker in NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bother calling on it, I've sent a deposit pending ultrasound it mine!!!!!Thanks for the good looking out.

Throw some Rustoleum on it and ship it to Ontario. Quite a few people making a good buck doing that.

Or, you could avoid all the rust and go with a wooden trawler like this one in Alaska . . .

rustic-old-boat_2809.jpg

Lol. Too funny. About like some of my "interesting" boats.

So that's where I left it.

Greetings,
Mr, M. Regarding "Finest Kind". Isn't that a Yankee expression used in New England? Being south of the M/D line I would expect both you AND the vessel would not be using such language. That's akin to blasphemy.

That boat in the first photo seems to have nice lines, at least to me.

Greetings,
Mr, M. Regarding "Finest Kind". Isn't that a Yankee expression used in New England? Being south of the M/D line I would expect both you AND the vessel would not be using such language. That's akin to blasphemy.

Au contraire. The term is used quite frequently in "down east North Carolina". The only difference is that they roll their I's as pronounced "foinest Koind". The down east area is considered from Morehead City to Cedar Island (OIsland) including Harkers Island and Marshallburg. The old sailors home was at Sea Level, NC. They still have a lot of the Cornish or Elizibethan dialect in those remote areas.

But the question is: "Is it a FD or SD?:lol::popcorn:

Al Ketchikan-(Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska

Greetings,
Mr. M. I take you at your word sir. Until further information comes to light, Finest Kind she shall be. Thank you. Personally I would have preferred a more genteel name such as Savanna Mae for example but in her present (pre-Hendo laying upon of the hands) condition, Savanna may not....

But the question is: "Is it a FD or SD?:lol::popcorn:

Al Ketchikan-(Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska

That would be full displacement. I can tell as she looks fully displaced.:D

Mr. RT there was a guy at Morehead City that made the same mistake twice. The name of his second boat was Edna Mae II.:hide:

Greetings,
Mr. M. I take you at your word sir. Until further information comes to light, Finest Kind she shall be. Thank you. Personally I would have preferred a more genteel name such as Savanna Mae for example but in her present (pre-Hendo laying upon of the hands) condition, Savanna may not....

Mr. RT, the downeast Carolina dialect is remarkably similar to the dialect of Tangier and Smith Islands on the Chesapeake. In East Carolina they are referred to as "hoigh toiders".

I had a good friend by the name of Ben Harker whose family was from Harkers Island. We spent a lot of time fishing and hanging out there. His cousin was Capt. Woo Woo Harker of the charter boat Windy Gale. I liked that name.

I found this. http://www.yogaforyouandme.com/uploads/Newstimes_Tear_Sheet_1.pdf

I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the Carolina coast. We were young, and fished our asses off.

Last edited:
While I'm at it I will tell a little story. Capt. Woo Woo took me to sea for the very first time. We had stayed the night at a little motel near the south end of Harkers Island playing
poker most of the night. We were scheduled to leave out at 5 the next morning. It was dark, and blowing like stink. Capt. Woo Woo said that we probably should stay tied to the dock. My friend Ben was not in good shape from all the drinking and card playing. He looked at Woo Woo, and said,"Take her to sea Woo Woo." Being my first trip I knew no better.

We went out Barden Inlet and around the hook at Cape Lookout. We were promptly slamming into 10-12' seas. Later I knew the sun had come up because I could see the brightness through the tops of the waves. Boy, did I get sick. Capt. Woo Woo was just acting normally. While I was laying moaning on the floor, I looked up and asked Capt. Woo Woo if there was any cure for this affliction.

He says, "that there is, Cap. That there is."

I asked if he had the cure on the boat. He said no that there was none on the boat. So, naturally I asked what is the cure.

"Oak trees", he says. "If you can get your arms around one, I will guarantee that you'll be cured".

About that time Ben came back in the cabin eating a can of potted meat, and I made another trip out back.

Don,
I have lived and worked in the Salter Path/Indian Beach area since 2001, and as a GC, have worked with and around a lot of the "down east" folks. I never knew until tonight however, how to spell "hoigh toiders". I have learned something!
Now docked at Marathon Marina enjoying the good life 'till North Carolina thaws.
Chuck

Here is a boat I've had my eye on and it still floats. This is at the public dock in Sointella, BC. I was tied up opposite it last year and had a lot of time to check out its potential.

Attachments

• Boat Trip 2013 099.jpg
    Boat Trip 2013 099.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Boat Trip 2013 103.jpg
    Boat Trip 2013 103.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Reporting from NC: It ain't thawed yet!!!

Don,
I have lived and worked in the Salter Path/Indian Beach area since 2001, and as a GC, have worked with and around a lot of the "down east" folks. I never knew until tonight however, how to spell "hoigh toiders". I have learned something!
Now docked at Marathon Marina enjoying the good life 'till North Carolina thaws.
Chuck

Chuck, then you have worked around some real characters. Just up the road from you I was involved in the first two of many condominium projects. In fact they were the first on the island. Seaspray just off the causeway across the canal from the dry stack marina and Pine Knoll Towns. That was 40 years ago.

I did quite a bit around that area. In fact I bought my Uniflite with some of the profit on a land deal where Brandy Wine Bay down on Highway 24 is. I still have some great friends. My sons remember the weekends arount MCYB as some of the best times of their lives.

As you can see I must have a hundred stories to tell from that area. I miss my friend Ben Harker. We always talked on our birthdays as they were the same day. Man that was long ago.

Don-the "Hoigh Toide" accent extends all the way down to the SC line. I lived for a lot of years in Holden Beach, Brunswick County. My first wife's family has lived on the water there for over 200 years and there was still a good bit of the old Elizabethan accent there. Not quite as strong as up the coast, but it was still there. Unfortunately, as the area has grown, it is all but gone now.

The Hurricane Camille tug was amazing even aground she looked proud sitting there looking at the gulf 100 yards away. Sad thing is I think she is scrap metal now.

I had a saying for old wore out equipment that would also apply to some of these boat pics, "she was just used to much when she was new"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom