View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #39
salmonchanted

City: Kenai Peninsula and Poulsbo
Vessel Name: Scotch Knight
Vessel Model: Knight and Carver
Marvelous posts!!
Interesting thread, but the question is which gun and anchor will I strip from the bigger boat to use on the smaller? Gotta run with a little humor here.
I think if you scan the replys you see consisent NO! reply for boats in the 35-42' range, 42-50' range most will be a conditional NO, a few bracketing or qualifing their reply with conditions of use etc.

I havent seen it mentioned here yet but, especially if live-a-board, it is nice have space enough for when communications breakdown with the "Chief", comfortable seperation is sometimes desirable! A cot in the ER is not acceptable. Just trying to provide the best preparation for others here! Also Keep the statreroms limited to two , smaller guest lists that way.
From personal experience, saved and looked for ten years for the ultimate 48-50', visited the "tanked" market again last year and ended up with bigger. Now the challenges, 50' is the breakover, finding slips, dockage, boathouse, for larger is a PITA . Would I give it up? Naw- not till the $ supply dictates so. But I am getting tired of the assumption that I am a rock star or something when paying at the register. I see the letdown in their faces when I must inform them I am nothing but a wage-earner fulfilling a lifes dream simply dressed in a Phil Collins disguise!!

Ah for all you doubters from the begin of the post, wouldn't advise to go without the Forfjord and follow the advise of the great Jack O'Connor the .270 is the choice for all non-dangerous North American! But now if you are only hunting halibut .357 works great. But for sakes do hand out ear-plugs first,it's really-reallyloud!
Cheers to all.