Cruisin' and Bruisin' on the Gulf Coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony B

Guru
Vessel Name
Serenity
Vessel Make
Mainship 36 Dual Cabin -1986
We left The Gulfport and Biloxi area and ended up just a tad further east in Gautier, Ms. We are in Mary Walker Bayou in Mary Walker Marina.
This is a really nice out of the way place with great folks running it. They even pump your waste tank for you and it's FREE. Just let them know when.
Gasoline is $3.89 on their pump and ethanol free. That's only about 60 cents above the gas pumps on the streets.
Last night we went to Mardi Gras in Ocean Springs with family members.
I could not believe how much the old downtown Ocean Springs has changed for the better. At least one bar/restaurant on almost every block.
Lots of new art galleries also. A far cry from the boring place I used to know.
Anyway. we will stay here at least a month then go to Florida for visiting with more friends, double back to Mobile Bay and head north to KY. Lake.
I cant wait to see a lake named after a lubricant. :whistling:

Hiya Tony! Glad to see you on the move again. Does this mean you got two engines and a genny again? I am moving my boat up the Neches River for a month or two so I can do some work on her. I have a 50 ft covered slip for $400/mth!!

Hi Tony, it's good to se you all are back on the water. I had never heard of that marina before seems like it is pretty good.
have a great trip keep us posted please.
Steve

We are coming through in the opposite directions but a couple of places we saw for the first time this trip.

Apalachicola and Carabelle. Apalachicola especially stole our hearts with it's combination of great food and incredible artists and artisans.

We normally just cut straight across from Clearwater to Panama City and don't see these areas.

We are coming through in the opposite directions but a couple of places we saw for the first time this trip.

Apalachicola and Carabelle. Apalachicola especially stole our hearts with it's combination of great food and incredible artists and artisans.

We normally just cut straight across from Clearwater to Panama City and don't see these areas.

Port St Joe is a nice stop also

Tony, I glad your up and running. We will be at the d'Iberville parade tomorrow if ya'll would like to come over. Call me and I'll tell you were we are. The Rose is getting the main's batteries hooked up with a new charger and what not. Call me in the morning we will be going over to the spot about 9am. Our camper is there for facilities. Paul

Blue: We got two engines but haven't got the genny up and running yet. Just haven't had the time or ambition to fix it. so far we are getting along fine without it. Hot weather may be a different story. A 50'slip covered is a great deal at only $400/mo.
What kind of work do you have to do to her?
Steve: We ran out of satsumas, do you still deliver?
Yes, this is a quaint little place out in the country/bayou. We will keep you posted.
Paul: I will give you a call. Hope we can connect tomorrow.

BandB

I had 2 firsts in Port St Joe around 1995 or so.
It was the first time we ever saw deer on the beach and they were not afraid of humans and it was the first time we ever saw a fireball in the sky.
Definitely a worthwhile stop-over.

The freezing cold weather we had about a month ago wiped out what was left of the Satsuma crop and Navels which had not long started to get ripe. The trees made it thrugh fine drop by again late Nov- Dec for a refill.

Tony, sounds like you having a blast! Today was typical Texas, 75 this morning when I left and a freeze tonight. Yeah, I am happy with the new dock as it comes with a 8 x 10 shed next to the boat so I can lock up tools and store BBQ and other essentials for working on a boat. I have all the oils to change, SO wants a new cooker and an ice machine. I want new engine gauges and AIS. I have a stanchion that needs rebidding so figure I may as well do them all. Just routine "get er ready" for our June departure. I should have measured the slip width as it was a little squeaky but we made it with paint intact.

Pic #1 is as we go by the slip...I could have sworn it was wider last week. Pic #2 after docking and starting to offload after making her 'snug' in her new home.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 109
Blue

Nice boat!
Glad you made it Ok.
We spent yesterday with Paul (SWAMPU) and his family and friends at a Mardi Gras parade in D'Iberville, Ms. They had set up their campers so we had all the amenities one can want. They know how to party. As a matter of fact, when it comes to partying, they are at the professional level, including a professional sound system.
For some reason I cant upload photos. Must be my slow internet connection.

Where will you be heading in June?

Last edited:
Tony, glad to see you are bringing the locals up to your standard in the partying department. It is an often over looked skill that takes constant practice if one wants maintain an acceptable level of proficiency. :)

Michelle takes early retirement in May and we are headed up the rivers to West Monroe La, to visit/say goodbye to the kids and then following your current path along the coast, to winter in FL or the Bahamas. No fixed schedule or plans.

What marina in KY lake are you headed to?

There is a slight change of plans for this year. We decided to stay at joe Wheeler State Park in northern Al. this year - whenever we finally get there.

We will go to Ky, Lake most likely next year. we want to stay at the Ky Dam Marina, I think that is the name. It is the one right near the KY Dam. .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom