Door Latches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knotheadcharters

Vessel Name
Amar la Vida
Vessel Make
1989 Carver Californian 48' MY
On my wing doors, the door latches are sticky and seem to be wearing out. Does anyone have a good source for door and latch hardware? The closest company I have found are products by Wright but still can't find exact matches. The wing doors are wood and about an inch thick, and I would like to use the existing holes. The boat is a 48 Californian. Any help would be appreciated. I will get to the boat today and remove one so I can post pictures.:banghead:

On my wing doors, the door latches are sticky and seem to be wearing out. Does anyone have a good source for door and latch hardware? The closest company I have found are products by Wright but still can't find exact matches. The wing doors are wood and about an inch thick, and I would like to use the existing holes. The boat is a 48 Californian. Any help would be appreciated. I will get to the boat today and remove one so I can post pictures.:banghead:
Check out a Perko catalog http://www.perko.com/

Last edited:
Knothead, can you post a photo of your current latches? I suggest you also remove one and look for a name or marking. Companies that make quality hardware are proud of it and will mark it as theirs.

Brass Works and Perko are good suggestions. Sugatsune and Southco are two others that make marine latches.

Koodos on thebrassworks.com. Talk to Mary.

If you have good quality hardware, frequently the locks are packed with ancient grease that can be cleaned out. You can then relubricate and go another 25 years.

Been real crappy weather here lately so haven't got any pics yet. Thanks for the help I will check out those sources.

Back
Top Bottom