Sliding Door Hardware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as long as there's no small steel parts in there to corrode out in 6 months...and you can adapt the door and frame...should work...

the biggest issue might be the depth of the catch and your door frame thickness.

Greetings,
Mr. tp. Mr. psneeld has nailed it. Internal parts that can corrode will see you redoing the job in short order and any alterations you do to the door can complicate installation of a "better" latch. I don't think the unit you're considering can be securely locked.

We have something very similar on a bathroom door at home...very finicky in that there's not much 'meat' on the hook end to 'grab' the metal plate on the door frame...very lightly built as well.

I can't see something like that lasting more than a few months before corrosion starts. Then you have new holes in your wood.

What is on the door now? Chances are anything not specific for marine won't fit (door thickness, et al) and won't last.

It is always easy to spend other peoples money, but after a couple months search for replacement exterior sliding door hardware to replace 35 year old stuff, which you can't get replacements or parts for, I settled on Izerwaren. Pricey but now I'm done.

IZERWAREN INC. | Yacht

The Brass Works Inc - Brass & Stainless Steel Hardware

Mary at The Brass Works has amazing knowledge. They sell the Izewaren line and others. She probably knows what came on your boat off the top of her head.

Good luck...

I'll 2nd The Brass Works I was able to get spare keys & any other hardware I've needed on 2 different boats.

I found I needed something that allowed the door to be locked in the open position, as well as when in was closed, to stop the door sliding back and forth in rough seas.

I ended up just installing a stainless stell deadbolt at the bottom of the door with holes drilled for the open and closed positions.

I looked at one of these at Lowes today, and I think it will work. I want to be able to open it from both sides which this will do. It's not so expensive that you could replace it when it started to corrode badly. As far as the internal workings, it would pretty easy to apply some marine grease to help stop internal corrosion. It looks like it's worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom