Need Spot for boat for about 10 days in Southeast Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
Hi all,

I'm in the process of having my paravanes built and installed and it seems I must find a new location for Dauntless in the next day or so.

Anyone have any ideas for a marina or slip that is CHEAP?:blush: and will probably be for about 7 to 10 days.

From Key Largo to Miami River would work.

Electricity would be nice, don't necessarily need water or anything else.

Any ideas?
You can pm me.

Thanks

Richard

That would be a hard one even if you had said "at any price". Gilberts there in Key Largo would be the most pleasant.

Last edited:
My dock is FREE , but its a bit of a put from where you are Ortona Lock on the Caloosahatchiee.

Come on over!

Thanks FF,

I'll keep that in mind for the next Willy Willy.

Current plan is to anchor two nights, then spend one at Homestead for $60 a night.

Richard the Vagabond

Hi Guys,
Richard came by my store last week for a visit. He's a nice guy, as you would expect of a trawler owner, a little crazy, as you would expect of a trawler owner, and pretty smart. I wish I had a spot on the dock behind my store for him. Can you imagine how much money he would spend if his boat was only fifty feet from a marine store!

I wish I had a spot on the dock behind my store for him. Can you imagine how much money he would spend if his boat was only fifty feet from a marine store!

I have spent about $400 at your store from 3,000 miles away. I'd hate to dock 50' from it :)

Sorry Rich....I'd like to offer you our dock in Key Biscayne, but we're not there anymore. I'm trying to think if I know anybody absent from their residence that might have an open dock, but this is the season to be home. Do you know Seth (Whaleback 48)? He lives somewhere in Miami but I think his boat is getting work somewhere else. The Hans (Whaleback Alegria) are in Key Biscayne, but I think both they and the boat are home.

"I have spent about $400 at your store from 3,000 miles away. I'd hate to dock 50' from it :) "
And I really appreciate it!

Hi Guys,
Richard came by my store last week for a visit. He's a nice guy, as you would expect of a trawler owner, a little crazy, as you would expect of a trawler owner, and pretty smart. I wish I had a spot on the dock behind my store for him. Can you imagine how much money he would spend if his boat was only fifty feet from a marine store!

Thanks Parks,
My wife would have to cut up my credit cards.:eek:
Wait... I think she already has:facepalm:

My ansgt of yesterday is gone. I do like having stuff done in a logical order, so it would have been nice to get this stuff done, then move on, but it's ok.

I will just have to limit my shenangians for the next two weeks:whistling:
no wiat, I think it means I will have to have more shenangians:D

I am not sure what their policy is on having work done and letting tradesmen in, but you can dock for $8 in No Name harbor on the bulk head during the day, then anchor in the harbor ($20) if there is room or just outside the harbor (free). But get there early and avoid the week end ! (305) 361-5811

The docks are almost NEVER empty during the Hurricane season.

The docks are almost NEVER empty during the Hurricane season.

I was joking.:facepalm:

After Sandy in the NY area, the fates of the boats tied up in marinas, depended on the height of the pilings. Many whole docks floated away with all the boats tied to them:eek::eek:. Some just escaped by a 1/2 foot or so.:whistling:

Boats on the Hudson had few problems.:angel:

Actually, thanks to all, inclduding Ed, Larry, FF and Parks.:Thanx:

We're doing fine.:) I'm anchoring off and will marina at Homestead as needed, with a few stops at Boca Chita.

I'm not afraid of winds and waves,:popcorn: but when it comes to being uprooted:eek:, I'm a baby:hide:

As soon as I got up this morning and got into the getting underway routine, I felt great. Now, sitting in Marine Stadium, it's nice having different scenery.

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT

Back
Top Bottom