Lehman 120 Injectors- Buy Rebuilt or Service?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caribe

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Calypso
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 40'
Hello! Our 1977 Marine Trader DC 40 has twin FL120s...She is a peach and they are gems! -2 rear injectors on port engine are clogged and they need to be serviced or replaced. We are thinking of just buying new/rebuilt ones and swapping them out...Any thoughts? I am calling American Diesel this morning.
PS We are attending Trawlerfest in Lake Park tomorrow...Anyone going?

In my limited experience, rebuilding an injector costs 80% of new. So why bother with rebuilding or even buying rebuilt injectors.

David

Thanks David: FYI I just spoke to Brian at American Diesel. They will sell a rebuilt for about $100 on an exchange basis where you send your cores back to them. He suggests that I remove all 6 and have them pop tested and service/rebuild the 2 bad ones. Need to find a place to have that done locally...

My 6.2L diesel in my Jimmy has a leaking injector and I bought a rebuilt yesterday for 35.00 US. I would shop around. Find a tractor store, much cheaper, same part.

Palm Beach area should have a full service injection shop, somewhere. Ask around the docks for shop references. Give them the injectors and have them tested.

Definitely a farm store. Mention marine and the price doubles.

Rebuilders vary in abilities , call the local diesel repair folks and find out who they use.

Here in SW Fl the locals use NO nearby service as the quality varies too much , and they get stuck with the R&R .

Injectors can be rebuilt almost forever , by A GOOD rebuilder.

New is seldom worth the bucks .

Rebuilders vary in abilities , call the local diesel repair folks and find out who they use.

Here in SW Fl the locals use NO nearby service as the quality varies too much , and they get stuck with the R&R .

Injectors can be rebuilt almost forever , by A GOOD rebuilder.

New is seldom worth the bucks .

Good point. We had our injectors rebuilt by the largest shop in Seattle in 2007. They installed the wrong tips on 3 and never tested them. :banghead:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom