New Harbor Master at Jekyll Harbor Marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davemgore

Vessel Name
Pearl Ann
Vessel Make
CHB Senator/Sundeck
Just so you folks know, we have a great new Harbor Master at Jekyll Harbor Marina.

Scott Todd is his name and he has cleaned the place up and made many improvements.

Because of Scotts efforts I highly recommend you give this Marina your business as you travel the ICW.

Jekyll Harbor Marina is located at MM 685 ICW.

Thanks

Dave Gore

Love it or hate it Jekyll Island is a very historic spot.

The 1913 winter secret gathering of the powerful brought us the end of legal Constitutional money ,
now Federal Reserve Notes from a few private banks , rather than Specie ., as legally required.

The IRS , to collect money to pay the interest on the new privately created credit dollars.

And many more horrors that are still with us.

Sad place for many Americans , but worth a visit.

We were there in 2012. Nice people, nice restrooms and showers and a pool. If it fits your schedule, it's a good stop. We didn't tour the island or anything, it was just a stop along the way for us.

Did they just up the daily transient rate? Don't remember it at $2.25/foot...

At anchor there in about 2005 (06 ?) I pulled a back muscle and was in a lot of pain. When we dinghied to their fuel dock they saw I was having trouble walking and gave us a car to get groceries and then free access to their hot tub to ease my back even tho' they were getting no money from us. You meet some really great people when cruising.

We stayed there in January/February 2010; in fact left the boat there while we went to PA for work. Great spot, great folks. If your timing is right & the weather works in your favor, you'll miss the noseeums. I understand things have improved a great deal since we were there

Back
Top Bottom